A Big Week for Smaller New England Housing Deals
- Making Mandatory Mortgage Disclosure Effective: Some Guidelines. Guttentag, Jack // Housing Finance International;Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the basic guidelines for making mandatory mortgage disclosure effective in the U.S. Discussion of the case for mandatory closure; Ways to limit mandated disclosures; Disclosure of the cost of credit.
- Making the best deal in the mortgage market. // Black Enterprise;May87, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p23
In addition to the traditional 30-year fixed-rate mortgage loan, there are now new choices. Explains equity mortgages, fixed versus variable, balloon payments, and the no-income verification loan.
- Shortening your mortgage in a tough market. // Black Enterprise;May89, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p51
Discusses many mortgage applicants availing themselves of 15-year mortgages, opting for shorter term loans. Advantages; Prepayment option.
- Financing options for today's home buyers. James-Gallagher, G.; Barnes, R. // Black Enterprise;Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p41
Discusses several financing options for today's home buyers. Adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs) versus fixed mortgages; Convertibles; Choosing a term; Role of Fannie Mae, a mortgage association.
- Are we mortgaging the future? Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;4/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p18
Explains the pros and cons of the mounting mortgage debt in New Jersey. Use of the debts in matching the useful life of publicly acquired assets with tax payments; Issues on carrying over the debts to future generations.
- Subprime Lenders Face Fallout From New Laws. Padilla, Matthew // Orange County Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the impact of the Home Ownership Security Act on subprime lenders in California. Decrease of the total loan production; Discouragement of predatory lending; Decline of revenue.
- Home mortgages that pay you. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1992, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p30
Explains how reverse mortgages (RMs) work, describes similarities and differences among the three RM plans, and discusses the benefits and drawbacks of each plan. One of the best protections with RMs is the Federal Truth in Lending Act, which requires lenders to inform a person about the plan's...
- What you should know about home mortgages. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1992, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p16
Gives essential information concerning home mortgages--how they work, what's available, other options--which is timely, considering the attractive interest rates on financing currently offered by many lenders. Term of the loan; Mortgage choices;Adjustable rate mortgage; Government-assisted...
- Should you refinance your home mortgage? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1992, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p21
Examines how refinancing a home mortgage can help save on monthly mortgage costs, and is a way to take advantage of the equity built up in the home. Fees associated with home financing; Borrowing at a lower rate; Converting to a fixed rate loan;Building equity faster; Taking advantage of...