N.Y. Lining Up Support to Extend Liberty Bond Program
- NEW YORK: Market Gives LDC Pause. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/31/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33458, p9
The article reports on the 2.59 billion dollars of Liberty bonds for construction at the World Trade Center that the New York State Liberty Development re-escrowed due to unfavorable market conditions.
- Liberty Bond Sale May Get Postponed Over Subsidy Probe. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p1
Reports on the possibility of delay in sale of tax-exempt New York City's Liberty bond as of August 1, 2003. Objectives behind the sale; Urge of city councilors to postpone the approval for the bond's sale; Factors that might lead to the sale's delay.
- N.Y.C. Council: Give Us Affordable Liberty Bond Housing. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p6
Reports the request to use Liberty bonds to build affordable housing in lower Manhattan by the New York City Council leaders. Availability of housing to families; Plans to amend Liberty bond legislation to allow monies to be used in conjunction with low-income tax credits; Amount of expected...
- Liberty Bonds Approved for Brookly Project. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p9
Reports the approval of the issuance of liberty bonds to finance an office tower in downtown Brooklyn by the New York City Industrial Development Agency. Amount of money approved by the agency to finance the building; Tenants of the office towers; Creation of the liberty bond to spur...
- Four Issuers Rising in Stature as Conduits for Liberty Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p11
Reports developments on conduits for liberty bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Creation of special corporation to issue recovery bonds; Coordination of rebuilding efforts in downtown Manhattan; Authorization to sell private-activity bonds under the Liberty bond program.
- Two Liberty Bond Deals in New York Face Further Delays. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p5
No abstract available.
- Liberty Bonds Get Underway with Multifamily and CRE Projects. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p24
Reports on objections to the approval of the residential projects of the New York State Liberty Bond Program. Initiation of program in aftermath of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Public selection criteria for multi-family projects.
- N.Y.C. IDA Set to OK $650 of Liberty Bonds for Midtown. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p3
Reports on the expected preliminary approval to the sale of multi-million in tax-exempt Liberty bonds by the New York City Industrial Development Authority. Creation of headquarters for Bank of America; Use of the multi-million bonding authority; Schedule of the public hearing on the deal.
- Liberty Bonds Sought For Brooklyn Site. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p1
Reports the approval issuance of $113.9 million dollars Liberty bonds from New York City Industrial Development Agency for the construction of a 10-story office tower in Brooklyn, New York. Features of the proposed office building; Management of the tower by Forest City Ratners FC Hanson Office...