Investments in Power
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- California Treasurer Again Moves Financial Conflict-of-Interest Deadline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p7
Reports that investment banks have until August 2003 to comply with California treasurer Phil Angelides's investment protection principles designed to eliminate conflicts of interest between the firm's bankers and research analysts. Reasons for postponement of the deadline to the abovementioned...
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- Phil Angelides' vision. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p1
Focuses on the plans of California Treasurer Phil Angelides to boost infrastructure investments in the state. Concerns over the state's investment strategies at the expense of economic inequities and environmental health; Programs of his department detailed in tours around the state.
- Angelides Changes Compliance Deadline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p7
Reports on the change in deadline by California Treasurer Phil Angelides regarding compliance by investment banks with a set of rules related to bankers and research analysts. Deadline that will allow Angelide's office to coordinate a plan regarding research mechanisms in banking firms;...
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...