Toledo-Erie Islands Council Hosts USS Toledo Staff
- Vieques vs. the U.S. Navy. Jeffrey, Paul // Christian Century;08/11/99, Vol. 116 Issue 22, p767
Discusses the struggle of the residents of the Vieques island in Puerto Rico against United States Navy who took over two-thirds of the island. Movements to drive the navy off Vieques; Hidden agenda of Puerto Rican Independence Party activists; Concerns of islanders.
- Around the Fleet. // All Hands;Apr2005, Issue 1056, p8
Presents information on various developments in the U.S. Navy.
- A Deployment to Remember. Cooke, Leonard W.W. // Sea Power;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p55
Reports on the U.S. Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 133's (NMCB 133) deployment in Afghanistan. Mission of NMCB 133; Importance of the NCMB 133's mission to U.S. combat troops in the country.
- Seapower--and 'Sea Power'--in the 1970s. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p69
Recalls changes at the Navy League of the United States during the 1970s. Change in the title of the league's official magazine; Programs launched by the organization for the armed services during the Vietnam War; Cold-War predictions published in the periodical 'Sea Power.'
- East meets west in Bahrain. Dorey, Joseph // All Hands;Dec94, Issue 932, p32
Reports on the role of the US Naval Forces Central Command (USNAVCENT) as host to sailors from both the Atlantic and Pacific fleets that arrive in Manama, Bahrain each year. Command and control of all naval forces assigned to USNAVCENT's area of responsibility (AOR); Regular encounters between...
- ITALIAN LAND DISPUTE MARS NAVY'S LEASE-CONSTRUCT JOB. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/27/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p19
Reports that a legal dispute over land rights has forced contractors to stop construction at a facility for the United States (US) Navy's forces in Italy in March 2000. Details on the dispute; Features of the facility; Role played by the US Navy's Officer in Charge of Construction;...
- Citizens and Heroes. Fanning, Timothy O. // Sea Power;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p3
States that sea-service reservists of the U.S. Navy also served overseas on a regular basis. U.S. Navy officers who were killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Overview of the U.S. Navy's Total Force integration.
- Presence, Power, Precision. Clark, Vern // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p19
Outlines the accomplishments and challenges of the U.S. Navy as of April 2002. Estimated number of U.S. Navy ships which participated in Operation Enduring Freedom; Commitment shown by the Navy-Marine Corps team in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Decline in the U.S. Navy's...
- Navy League Vanguard of Sea-Service Support. Vergun, David // Sea Power;Nov2002, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p61
Traces the history of operations of the U.S. Navy. Increase in size of U.S. naval fleet between 1981 and 1988; Emphasis on increased sea services in the naval force; Fundraising efforts for the navy in the 1980s.