Indonesia Outlines Naval Upgrade Plans
- Indonesia Buys Russian Helicopters. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p24
Reports that the Indonesian Navy is scheduled to receive helicopters, French Colibri light, Russian Mi-2 `Hoplite' training/light-duty and Russian Mi-17 `Hip H' heavy-duty. Functions of the Mi-17 helicopter; Electronic warfare equipment of helicopters; Factors that influenced the purchase of...
- Armed Forces And Government Spending. // Indonesia Defence & Security Report;Q3 2010, p68
This article looks at the capabilities of the Indonesian military in 2010. Business Monitor International (BMI) compares the population of the Indonesian military with those of other countries in the Asia Pacific region. BMI notes an emphasis put by the military on developing its ground defense...
- Indonesia's new maritime focus. Chandramohan, Balaji // New Zealand International Review;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p21
The article discusses the evolution of the maritime strategy of Indonesian government in the Indo-Pacific region. Topics include the importance of geo-political position of the country, the basic doctrines of country's armed forces center on the army and its dominant service, and the...
- PAKISTAN-INDONESIAN MARITIME COLLABORATION. // Hilal;Sep2015, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p56
A photograph is presented of Indonesian Navy Ship KRI Bangarmasin-592 visiting Pakistan to engage in training exercises and other activities.
- The Reform of the Indonesian Armed Forces. Kingsbury, Damien // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Aug2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p302
Discusses the reform movement within the armed forces of Indonesia which may contribute to the strengthening of its democracy. Role of Indonesia's armed forces on domestic politics; Role of Tentara Nasional Indonesia (TNI) on Indonesian politics; Decline of TNI; Change of structure of the TNI...
- Defense Forces. // Indonesia Country Review;2010, p59
The article offers information on the defense forces in Indonesia.
- Indonesia wrestles own military. Murphy, Dan // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/99, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the struggle of the Indonesian government to regain control of the country's military forces as of late 1999.
- Officer behind the scenes in Jakarta: Wiranto's long history with Suharto. // Christian Science Monitor;5/19/98, Vol. 90 Issue 121, p7
Describes the prominent role the Indonesian military has had in ruling that country since it declared independence from Holland in 1945. Suharto's predecessor, Sukarno; Suharto a five-star general; Possible rule by four-star general Wiranto; How Wiranto is viewed by his soldiers; The military...
- Indonesia's brass polishes itself. Shari, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;9/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 205, p1
Informs that the Indonesian Army exhibited great restraint during the outbreak of riots on September 8, 1995 at East Timor. Indonesia's relations with East Timor; Speculations about Indonesian Army's actions; Details.