Northrop Grumman Faces Adjustment for Carrier Overhaul Change
- The old economy comes to life. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;3/2/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p22
Editorial. Focuses on the improving business for Newport News Shipbuilding Inc., a major contractor to the United States Navy. Types of Navy vessels built by Newport News; Impact of the expanding Navy budgets on Newport News' business; Expected increase in Newport News' order backlog.
- Today's Carrier Force--And Tomorrow's. Truver, Scott C. // Sea Power;Jun2001, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p38
Deals with the United States (U.S.) Navy's program to build aircraft carriers in cooperation with Newport News Shipbuilding. Plan of the Navy to modernize its carrier forces and air wings; Technological innovations included in the nuclear powered next-generation carrier class called CVNX; Role...
- Nine Thousand Shipyard Workers Strike. // Progressive;Jun99, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the strike of workers at Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia. Demand of the shipbuilders to increase their salary; Significance of the strike.
- Northrop Grumman Awarded $249 Million For Submarine Work. // Defense Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 56, p5
The article announces the awarding of a contract to Northrop Grumman by the U.S. Navy for work to support different classes of submarines as of March 23, 2006. Work will include planning, engineering and logistics support for new submarines. Newport News is the design agent for some of the...
- SHARING DESIGNS IN DRY DOCK. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p37
Reports on the use of computer-assisted design (CAD) by Newport News Shipbuilding Inc. to orchestrate the design, building and repair of United States Navy ships. Phases used by the company in upgrading its CAD application; Announcement of a ne collaborative product management suite by the company.
- LEHIGH WINS CONTRACT TO FORGE SHAFTS FOR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS. // Forging;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p12
Reports on Newport News Shipbuilding's contract for Lehigh Heavy Forge Corp. to produce eight propulsion shafts for the U.S. Navy's Nimitz-class aircraft carrier. Lehigh Heavy Forge's production of the carrier's stern and propeller shafts from ladle-refined, double degassed steel; Use of the...
- For the Record. Leland, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p8
Presents news items related to the United States Navy as of April 2001. Order of the Navy for a sixth C-40A Clipper from Boeing Co.; Contract received by Newport News Shipbuilding for the construction of a Nimitz-class ship; Inspection of all F/A-18A, B, C and D models for cracks in the wing...
- Vieques vs. the U.S. Navy. Jeffrey, Paul // Christian Century;08/11/99, Vol. 116 Issue 22, p767
Discusses the struggle of the residents of the Vieques island in Puerto Rico against United States Navy who took over two-thirds of the island. Movements to drive the navy off Vieques; Hidden agenda of Puerto Rican Independence Party activists; Concerns of islanders.
- Around the Fleet. // All Hands;Apr2005, Issue 1056, p8
Presents information on various developments in the U.S. Navy.