Super Hornet Basing Divided on East Coast
- Total force review: Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, PHS, NOAA Corps. Becker, Fred R. // Officer;Oct99, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the approval of a bill for the authorized strength of the United States Naval Reserve. Appropriations for CH-60 aircraft; Funding for F/A-18A aircraft for the Marine Corps Reserve; Budget for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- F/A-18E/F Budget Stressed As Deployment Nears. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/5/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p33
Reports on how inflation adjustment has caused a shortfall in the United States Navy's fiscal 2001 budget, possibly reducing the number of aircraft it will buy in the near term. Possible reduction of the number of F/A-18E/F aircraft it will purchase; Fleet operators' preparations in getting the...
- Super Hornet. // All Hands;Jan1998, Issue 969, p38
Features the US Navy's Super Hornet strike fighter. Displacement; Design; Beam; Speed; Payload; Weapon launch; Weapons.
- HORNET MILESTONES. Leland, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the United States Navy's celebration of the 4 millionth flight hour of the F/A-18 Hornet. Commemoration of the end of F/A-18 Hornet production at a ceremony at the Boeing Co.'s Saint Louis, Missouri facilities.
- Super Hornet Wins Collier Trophy. Goyer, Robert // Flying;May2000, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p34
Reports that the United States Navy's F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet strike fighter has received the Robert J. Collier Trophy as the top aeronautical achievement for 1999.
- Pax team solves F/A-18 uncommanded roll-off. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p3
Reports that a team of pilots and engineers from the US Navy's Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division in Patuxent River, Maryland has completed a flight test program to determine the cause of and the solution to the uncommanded roll-off problem found in some F/A-18s. Variation from the...
- Jack of all Trades, Master of None. Harris, D. J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar2002, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p90
Focuses on the F/A-18 Hornet aircraft in the U.S. Navy. Capacity of the aircraft; Description of the system of the air fighter;Mission specialization of the craft.
- Wings of change. Klesius, Michael // National Geographic;Dec2003, Vol. 204 Issue 6, p2
This article focuses on the U.S. Navy's tactical aircraft F/A-18 Super Hornet. In commercial aviation the growth of automation has resulted in computers that already fly the plane from just after takeoff to landing in almost any weather, turning pilots into flight-systems managers. How large the...
- Untitled. // Sea Power;Aug2001, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p19
Deals with the prototype of the Shared Reconnaissance Pod (SHARP) mounted on the centerline station of an F/A-18E Hornet strike fighter plane. Number of test flights conducted for the aicraft; Developer of the pod; Scheduled deployment date of the SHARP in a United States Navy Super Hornet...