Cyclist overcomes injuries
- Crash-test dummy. L.J. // Science World;11/3/95, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p5
Reports on a dummy-cyclist crash-test, which was staged by law-enforcement instructors in the United States, to teach police officers on how to investigate traffic accidents.
- Static. // Mountain Bike;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p30
Presents statistics related to traffic accidents and cycling in the United States.
- Bicylist injured in collsion with car. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/17/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 194, p9
The article reports on the injury incurred by 21-year-old bicyclist Derrick J. Besio when 31-year-old Saranac Lake, New York resident Christopher A. Fortune's sedan collided with the bicycle.
- Don't sip and cycle. Howard, Beth // Shape;Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the dangers of drinking and cycling, according to a study conducted by Johns Hopkins University.
- Older bicyclists accounting for more fatal accidents. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct95, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p72
Cites a report from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety on the rise in bicycle crash deaths among older bicyclists in the United States in 1994. Total number of deaths from crashes of all types of vehicles; Highest rates in Mississippi and Wyoming.
- I'm Down, Down on the Ground…. HERSHON, MAYNARD // Bicycle Paper;Winter2008, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p11
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of breaking his left femur during a cycling accident.
- Trauma among cyclists. // Emergency Nurse;Feb2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p13
The article presents a study which describes the severity or outcome of wounds and injuries sustained by cyclists from vehicular collisions and traffic accidents during a cycling event.
- Asphalt and Ire. Radant, Kyle // Teen Ink;Nov2016, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being hit by a car while riding his bicycle.
- A MATTER OF LIFE & DEATH. // Truck & Driver;Mar2013, p42
A personal narrative of truck driver Chris Weech exploring his experiences of involvement in a fatal accident is presented.