COMMAND OF THE AIR
- AIR MAIL. Watts, Jack Vincent; Goette, Richard; Muir, Fraser; Norrie, Don; Merrick, Bob; Libert, Alain; Stockwell, May; Hosson, Vic; James, Albert; Abel, Karen // Airforce Magazine;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p18
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to issues related to Air Force including one on the unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in London, England, another on the Bomber Command veteran, and another on the Hornet aircraft.
- CONTEMPORARY NOSE ART. Storey, W. E. // Airforce Magazine;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p42
The article reports on the re-emergence of nose art, the artwork applied to military aircraft by the crew, in the modern age of the Canadian Air Force. Although nose art has fallen out of vogue, it is not extinct in the modern age of the Canadian forces. Nose art was seen on the CH-147D Chinook...
- A SHARE OF THE PIE. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/12/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 10, Special section p8
This article reports that maneuvering by European firms to win stakes in the production, sustainment and follow-on development phase of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter project is expected to intensify this fall. International participants will lay their financial and industrial cards on the table...
- Maintenance. Taylor, Jeff // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 62 Issue 1/2, p34
Discusses accidents in the U.S. Air Force related to aircraft maintenance during year 2005. B-1B equipment bay fire; Role of maintenance in the engine failure of an F-16; Death of a maintenance worker working on an F-15.
- Stealth--The Combat 'Ace'. // Armada International;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the evolution of stealth technology for military applications. Performance of the stealth aircraft of the U.S. Air Force; Upgrade of F-117A stealth fighter; Development of specially-design seals and gaskets for the access points of stealth aircraft.
- AIRCRAFT A-Z. // Airman;2006 Book, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p32
The article features the U.S. Air Force's various aircraft, their primary function, speed, dimensions, range, armament, crew and inventory. These aircrafts include the AC-130H/U Gunship, A/OA-10/A Thunderbolt II, B-2A Spirit, B-1B Lancer, B-52H Stratofortress, C-130E/H/J Hercules, C-135C/E...
- Patriot Night Owl. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the conduct of flight testing on Hercules aircraft of the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command in Arizona. Aim of the testing to practice some new and better ways of performing the tactical portion of the airlift mission; Efforts of the command to cope up with the changing face of war with...
- Upgrade, Train, Fight. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/1/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p53
The article focuses on the modernization of the South Korean armed forces. All the networking, command-and-control streamlining and high-speed intelligence analyses planned for South Korea come together in the cockpit of sensor- and bomb-laden aircraft. In South Korea, there are advanced...
- 403 Veteran Roy Wozniak Returns to Dieppe. // Airforce Magazine;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p44
The article reports on a humorous navigation dilemma faced by the 403 "Wolf" squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force in 1942. The incident was uncovered from Squadron war diary. The navigation dilemma was recorded by the diary after the squadron's aircraft and pilots returned. They encountered...