The Measurement of Engagement and Burnout: A Two Sample Confirmatory Factor Analytic Approach
- The Ultimate Disappointment: The Burned-Out Counselor. Warnath, Charles F.; Shelton, John L. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Dec76, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p172
Explores factors causing burn out among academic counselors. Discrepancy between graduate school idealism and on-the-job realism; Counselor-client relationships; Suggestions to stimulate open discussion among counselor staffs and students.
- the overwhelmed child. Cool, Lisa Collier // Good Housekeeping;Aug2001, Vol. 233 Issue 2, p79
Suggests ways to help children who are in danger of burnout. Effects of extra curricular activities on children; Function of standardized tests; Ways done by teacher Teresa Ramirez-Miller to ease the strain on her students.
- BURNOUT, WORK ENGAGEMENT AND SENSE OF COHERENCE IN FEMALE ACADEMICS IN HIGHER-EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS IN SOUTH AFRICA. Bezuidenhout, Adéle; Cilliers, Frans V. N. // SAJIP: South African Journal of Industrial Psychology;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
Orientation: Female academics in higher-education institutions face numerous challenges in the continuously changing landscape of South African higher education. Mergers, increasing job demands, ever-increasing class sizes and role conflict inherent in the female role contribute extensively to...
- Athletes' motivational needs regarding burnout and engagement. Martínez-Alvarado, Julio R.; Guillen, Félix; Feltz, Deborah // Revista de PsicologÃa del Deporte;2016, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p65
This study analyzed the relationships between the basic motivational needs, burnout and engagement in soccer players with the aim of finding an explanation for why these athletes stay engaged or burnout. Participants were 227 male Spanish third division soccer players between the ages of 18 and...
- Asset Based Models of Engagement as a means to Student Success and Empowerment. Malone, Donal; Ayala, Jennifer; Surrey, David; Trillo, Alex // International Journal of Diversity in Organisations, Communities;Jan2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p89
This paper outlines a set of strategies that empower faculty and at risk students via asset-based models of academic engagement and success at Saint Peter's Collegeâ€”a small, liberal arts school in the New York City Metropolitan Area. Asset-based models are those that focus on the rich,...
- STUDENT ENGAGEMENT. D. V. // Education Week;1/26/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses "Measuring Student Engagement in Upper Elementary Through High School," a study from the U.S. Regional Educational Laboratory Southeast regarding ways in which educators can assess a students' school connectedness through the use of surveys and recorded observations.
- RELACIÃ“N ENTRE SÃNDROME DE BURNOUT, ESTRATEGIAS DE AFRONTAMIENTO Y ENGAGEMENT. Zuluaga, Paula Andrea Montoya; Moreno, Sara Moreno // PsicologÃa desde el Caribe;ene-abr2012, Issue 29, p205
This article has as a main objective to analyze from existing theories, the relationship between coping strategies, burnout syndrome, and engagement. Burnout Syndrome although developed in an organizational context is an individual syndrome and this already implies the existence of risk factors...
- BURNOUT AND ENGAGEMENT OF REFORMED CHURCH MINISTERS. Buys, Chenelle; Rothmann, Sebastiaan // SAJIP: South African Journal of Industrial Psychology;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
Orientation: The ministry is one occupation where burnout is increasingly considered to be a consequence of the problems with which ministers have to cope. However, few studies focused on the positive antipode of a minister's work. Research purpose: The objective of this study was to investigate...
- WORK ENGAGEMENT, BURNOUT AND RELATED CONSTRUCTS AS PREDICTORS OF TURNOVER INTENTIONS. du Plooy, Janine; Roodt, Gert // SAJIP: South African Journal of Industrial Psychology;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
Orientation: The focus of the study was to investigate the predictive relationship between the work engagement-burnout continuum and turnover intentions. Research purpose: The main purpose of the study was to determine whether work engagement, burnout, organisational citizenship behaviour (OCB)...