Quality of life in breast cancer patients: Validation of a FACT-B Malayalam version
- Quality of life in phase II trials: A study of methodology and predictive value in patients with... Seidman, Andrew D.; Portenoy, Russell // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 17, p1316
Evaluates the utility of quality-of-life assessment in two phase II clinical trials of patients receiving paclitaxel and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rhG-CSF) as salvage therapy for metastatic breast cancer. Prediction of survival using the extent of disease and...
- Methylphenidate for the amelioration of cancer-associated fatigue. Kapoor, Shailendra // Supportive Care in Cancer;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2247
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Quality of life, fatigue and depression in Italian long-term breast cancer survivors" by F. Romito and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Hypofractionated radiation led to better quality of life in women with breast cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;2/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses research on the influence of hypofractionated radiation on the quality of life of women with breast cancer, by P. Hopwood and colleagues, published in the 2010 issue of "Lancet Oncology."
- Psychometric assessment of the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire (LSQ) and a comparison of a randomised sample of Swedish women and those suffering from breast cancer. Carlsson, Marianne; Hamrin, Elisabeth; Lindqvist, Ragny // Quality of Life Research;May1999, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p245
In a previous study, the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire (LSQ) was developed especially for women with breast cancer. The aim of the present study was to assess the psychometric properties of the LSQ in a randomized sample of Swedish women and to compare the perceived quality of life with that...
- Quality of life assessment in breast cancer patients: The need for stratification of patients, and of the use of appropriate questionnaires. Revannasiddaiah, Swaroop; Rao, Nalini; Susheela, Sridhar P.; Bilimagga, Ramesh S. // Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p760
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Quality of life assessment in survivors of breast cancer" by S. Q. Wani and colleagues, that was published in the April-June 2012 issue of the periodical.
- Assessment of Long-Term Quality-of-Life (QoL) Outcomes in Disease-Free Breast Cancer Survivors. Chintamani; Sukriti; Tondon, Megha; Khandelwal, Rohan // New Indian Journal of Surgery;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p218
Background Breast cancer is the most prevalent malignancy amongst women in India. Increasing use of multimodality approach has led to an increase in the number of long term breast cancer survivors. To determine the long term effects of breast cancer and to evaluate the complete outcome of cancer...
- Global Summit on Intl Breast Health: Guidelines for Intl Breast Health and Cancer. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that International breast health global summit will present on the quality of life for breast cancer patients.
- Impacts of Fatigue, Pain, Anxiety, and Depression on the Quality of Life in Patients with Breast Cancer. Byun Hye Sun; Kim Gyung Duck // Asian Oncology Nursing;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p27
Purpose: This study was conducted to identify the impact of fatigue, pain, anxiety and depression on the quality of life (QOL) among breast cancer patients. Methods: This study was conducted from July 12th to July 20th, 2010. One hundred and fifty breast cancer patients were recruited from D...
- Recognition and management of treatment-related side effects for breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant endocrine therapy. Cella, David; Fallowfield, Lesley // Breast Cancer Research & Treatment;Jan2008, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p167
In postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early-stage breast cancer, the use of aromatase inhibitors (AIs) to suppress estrogen is associated with improved clinical outcomes compared with tamoxifen therapy. Women receiving such endocrine therapy may experience treatment-related side...