Quality of life in breast cancer patients: Validation of a FACT-B Malayalam version
- Quality of life in phase II trials: A study of methodology and predictive value in patients with... Seidman, Andrew D.; Portenoy, Russell // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 17, p1316
Evaluates the utility of quality-of-life assessment in two phase II clinical trials of patients receiving paclitaxel and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rhG-CSF) as salvage therapy for metastatic breast cancer. Prediction of survival using the extent of disease and...
- Hypofractionated radiation led to better quality of life in women with breast cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;2/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses research on the influence of hypofractionated radiation on the quality of life of women with breast cancer, by P. Hopwood and colleagues, published in the 2010 issue of "Lancet Oncology."
- Quality of life assessment in breast cancer patients: The need for stratification of patients, and of the use of appropriate questionnaires. Revannasiddaiah, Swaroop; Rao, Nalini; Susheela, Sridhar P.; Bilimagga, Ramesh S. // Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p760
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Quality of life assessment in survivors of breast cancer" by S. Q. Wani and colleagues, that was published in the April-June 2012 issue of the periodical.
- Methylphenidate for the amelioration of cancer-associated fatigue. Kapoor, Shailendra // Supportive Care in Cancer;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2247
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Quality of life, fatigue and depression in Italian long-term breast cancer survivors" by F. Romito and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Assessment of Long-Term Quality-of-Life (QoL) Outcomes in Disease-Free Breast Cancer Survivors. Chintamani; Sukriti; Tondon, Megha; Khandelwal, Rohan // New Indian Journal of Surgery;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p218
Background Breast cancer is the most prevalent malignancy amongst women in India. Increasing use of multimodality approach has led to an increase in the number of long term breast cancer survivors. To determine the long term effects of breast cancer and to evaluate the complete outcome of cancer...
- Global Summit on Intl Breast Health: Guidelines for Intl Breast Health and Cancer. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that International breast health global summit will present on the quality of life for breast cancer patients.
- Psychometric assessment of the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire (LSQ) and a comparison of a randomised sample of Swedish women and those suffering from breast cancer. Carlsson, Marianne; Hamrin, Elisabeth; Lindqvist, Ragny // Quality of Life Research;May1999, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p245
In a previous study, the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire (LSQ) was developed especially for women with breast cancer. The aim of the present study was to assess the psychometric properties of the LSQ in a randomized sample of Swedish women and to compare the perceived quality of life with that...
- Correspondence Between Daily and Weekly Fatigue Reports in Breast Cancer Survivors. Banthia, Rajni; Malcarne, Vanessa L.; Roesch, Scott C.; Ko, Celine M.; Greenbergs, Helen L.; Varni, James W.; Sadler, Georgia R. // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Jun2006, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p269
Fatigue is a contributor to decreased quality of life and one of the most common symptoms reported by cancer survivors. Most assessment of fatigue has been retrospective and/or unidimensional. Single-item visual analogue scale ratings are commonly used, despite arguments that fatigue is better...
- Yoga Helps Quality of Life for Breast Cancer Patients: Study. // India -- West;6/3/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 28, pB14
The article reports on the finding of a study conducted by researchers of the University of Texas in Houston Texas, which reveals the beneficial impact of yoga on breast cancer patients.