Quality of life in breast cancer patients: Validation of a FACT-B Malayalam version
- Quality of life in phase II trials: A study of methodology and predictive value in patients with... Seidman, Andrew D.; Portenoy, Russell // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 17, p1316
Evaluates the utility of quality-of-life assessment in two phase II clinical trials of patients receiving paclitaxel and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rhG-CSF) as salvage therapy for metastatic breast cancer. Prediction of survival using the extent of disease and...
- Psychometric assessment of the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire (LSQ) and a comparison of a randomised sample of Swedish women and those suffering from breast cancer. Carlsson, Marianne; Hamrin, Elisabeth; Lindqvist, Ragny // Quality of Life Research;May1999, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p245
In a previous study, the Life Satisfaction Questionnaire (LSQ) was developed especially for women with breast cancer. The aim of the present study was to assess the psychometric properties of the LSQ in a randomized sample of Swedish women and to compare the perceived quality of life with that...
- Methylphenidate for the amelioration of cancer-associated fatigue. Kapoor, Shailendra // Supportive Care in Cancer;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2247
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Quality of life, fatigue and depression in Italian long-term breast cancer survivors" by F. Romito and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Global Summit on Intl Breast Health: Guidelines for Intl Breast Health and Cancer. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that International breast health global summit will present on the quality of life for breast cancer patients.
- Quality of life assessment in breast cancer patients: The need for stratification of patients, and of the use of appropriate questionnaires. Revannasiddaiah, Swaroop; Rao, Nalini; Susheela, Sridhar P.; Bilimagga, Ramesh S. // Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p760
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Quality of life assessment in survivors of breast cancer" by S. Q. Wani and colleagues, that was published in the April-June 2012 issue of the periodical.
- Correspondence Between Daily and Weekly Fatigue Reports in Breast Cancer Survivors. Banthia, Rajni; Malcarne, Vanessa L.; Roesch, Scott C.; Ko, Celine M.; Greenbergs, Helen L.; Varni, James W.; Sadler, Georgia R. // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Jun2006, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p269
Fatigue is a contributor to decreased quality of life and one of the most common symptoms reported by cancer survivors. Most assessment of fatigue has been retrospective and/or unidimensional. Single-item visual analogue scale ratings are commonly used, despite arguments that fatigue is better...
- Impacts of Fatigue, Pain, Anxiety, and Depression on the Quality of Life in Patients with Breast Cancer. Byun Hye Sun; Kim Gyung Duck // Asian Oncology Nursing;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p27
Purpose: This study was conducted to identify the impact of fatigue, pain, anxiety and depression on the quality of life (QOL) among breast cancer patients. Methods: This study was conducted from July 12th to July 20th, 2010. One hundred and fifty breast cancer patients were recruited from D...
- Effects of exercise on breast cancer patients and survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. McNeely, Margaret L.; Campbell, Kristin L.; Rowe, Brian H.; Klassen, Terry P.; Mackey, John R.; Courneya, Kerry S. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/4/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p34
Background: Physical exercise has been identified as a potential intervention to improve quality of life in women with breast cancer. We sought to summarize the available evidence concerning the effects of exercise on breast cancer patients and survivors. Methods: We searched the Cochrane...
- QOL in breast cancer, lymphoma survivors differs by treatment type. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/30/2005, Issue 483, p13
Discusses a study on the quality of life (QOL) among breast cancer and lymphoma survivors. Clinical method used to assess QOL of cancer survivors; Comparison of the QOL score from treatment with chemotherapy versus local therapy; Association between treatment type and diagnosis of lymphoma...