Schools Ruling in Hand, N.Y.C. Seeks Additional State Support
- State Journal. Fine, Lisa // Education Week;01/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p20
Focuses on the emergency hearing that will decide whether to stop the bond sale for the school construction program until it can be put on the statewide ballot in New Jersey. Accounts of the lawsuit filed by Bergen County Mayor Steve Lonegan; Vow of Governor Christine Todd Whitman to keep the...
- Salem, Mass., to Float $12 Million in GO Bans on Thursday. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p3
The article reports on Salem, Massachusetts to sell 12 million dollars of general obligation bond anticipation notes. The proceeds of the bond sale will be used for local schools. The fixed-rate notes will be offered through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The notes mature in two...
- Takeover, Bankruptcy Talk Hammers Chicago School Spreads. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/25/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34448, p1
A Republican plan to put Chicago Public Schools on a possible path toward bankruptcy was declared dead on arrival, but resonated with the municipal bond market ahead of a deal Wednesday.
- Indianapolis Schools Face Potential Hurdle as Capital Program Enters Phase Two. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Indianapolis Public Schools' approval of a plan to issue bonds to fund the second phase of its capital program. Total amount of bonds to be issued by the Indianapolis Public Schools; Structure of the bonds.
- Michigan's Van Buren Public Schools Selling $80M of Unlimited-Tax BABs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/12/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33113, p7
The article reports that Van Buren Public Schools in Michigan has sold $80 million of unlimited-tax Build America Bonds to fund various projects. Raymond James & Associates Inc. serves as the senior manager and Collins & Blaha PC as bond counsel. The structure of the general obligation deal...
- Cincinnati Public Schools Complete $70M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p4
Reports that the Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) completed the refunding of 2001 serial bonds. Final funding for the Ohio Classroom Facilities Assistance Program; Comments of CPS treasurer Mike Geoghegan on the net present value savings; True interest cost for the sale.
- CPS Sets $1.3B ARS Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, p1
The article reports on the intention of Chicago Public Schools (CPS) to restructure the three-pronged $1.3 billion auction-rate and insured floating-rate bonds in Chicago, Illinois. CPS will invest $500 million in an unnamed bank or broker-dealer via the Chicago Board of Education. CPS will also...
- Detroit Schools See 4.37% Rate on One-Year Notes. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/21/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33966, p7
The article reports that the Detroit Public Schools in Detroit, Michigan has sold 92 million dollars of one-year notes issued by the Michigan Finance Authority, with an interest rate of 4.7 percent and mentions that the notes mature in August 2014 along with the filing of bankruptcy by Detroit.
- Chicago Schools Shelve Big Refunding For New Money Because of Spreads. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p3
Reports that the public school system of Chicago, Illinois, is shelving its planned refunding due to tight yield spreads between municipal bonds and Treasuries in the first week of October 1998. Absence of any potential efficiencies expected from the refunding; Chicago School Reform Board of...