Miami-Data County Launches Year-Long Drive for $1.6B GO Vote
- Connecticut GOs Lead Resurgence of New England Supply. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p3
Reports on the plan of Connecticut to sell a combined new-money and refunding general obligation bond. Provision of funding on ongoing capital projects; Escalation of the state's underlying credit; Sale of mortgage purchase bonds.
- Miami-Dade County Manager Proposes $1.5 Billion Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports the proposal of a general obligation bond issue to meet infrastructure needs by the Miami-Dade County manager Merret Stierheim. Decrease in the obligation debt costs; List of areas and cost deficiencies in the 2000-2001 county budget; Need for a community involvement program.
- N.C. Seeks Road Money Despite $950M in Debt Authority. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p4
Reports plans of the Board of Transportation in North Carolina to review its seven-year road infrastructure plan to identify a revenue source to reduce highway and road congestion. Delay in the completion of road projects; Failure of the state to issue the million-worth authorized bonds; Budget...
- Officials Divided on Salt Lake's $192 Million GO Bond Proposal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p7
The article reports that the planned issuance of $192 million of general obligation bonds for public safety facilities failed to win the unanimous support of elected officials in Utah. The bonds shared a ballot with a proposal to overturn private school vouchers and an effort to split the...
- Infrastructure bonds approved. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/12/2006, Issue 323555, p26
The article focuses on the California State Legislature's approval of a $37.5 billion infrastructure bond issue. It will be placed on the November 2006 ballot for voter approval. The author believes that the bond measures do not address all of the infrastructure needs of the state but it is a...
- CONNECTICUT: Water Deal on Tap. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p43
The article reports on the sale of $25 million of revenue bonds by the Connecticut Development Authority on behalf of Aquarion Water Co. of Connecticut. The deal is aimed at financing various capital projects and A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. will manage the deal. Bond proceeds will be spent for...
- Petitioners Seeks Calif. Environmental Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/29/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32349, p1
The article reports on the petition campaign of the Conservative Group LLC to place a 5.4 billion dollar general obligation bond measure for environmental projects on the November ballot. This move results from the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to issue 68 billion dollar...
- Texas Board to Issue $153 Million of Water Bonds in Shadow of a Drought. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/27/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33049, p8
The article reports that Texas will keep funds flowing for water infrastructure with $153 million of general obligation bonds to help combat drought. The pricing will begin with a retail order period, followed by institutional orders. As the state was considering its long-term needs for water,...
- INTRODUCTION TO SYMPOSIUM ON STATE/LOCAL FISCAL SUSTAINABILITY. Yuhua Qiao // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Fall2013, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p475
No abstract available.