SOUTHWEST Bond Watch
- Despite Downgrades, Health Care Showing Signs of Life. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p6
Reports on the difficulties encountered by U.S. health care systems in the bond market due to the award of downgraded ratings by rating agencies. Decline in bond issuance by health care providers since 1998; Uncertainties faced by New York hospitals.
- DPS is Set To Fix Its VR Debt. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;4/16/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33895, p1
The article informs that Denver Public Schools (DPS) of Colorado is planning to convert all of its variable-rate debt into fixed rate for paying 129 million U.S. dollars in swap termination fees. It mentions that DPS will probably come into the U.S. bond market with a deal of 529 million U.S....
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31443, p24
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Approval of installing Internet service among public schools; Plans of Area Rapid Transit to increase fare; Schedule for the bond election.
- TMC plans new multi-story hospital. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the multi-million strategic plan of Tucson Medical Center officials for the complete redesign of the facility in Tucson, Arizona. Request of the hospital for the funding of the project from the bond market; Technologies to be applied in redesigning the hospital; Upgrades to the...
- East Texas health system's bonds demoted to junk status by Moody's. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p36
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade bonds issued by the East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System to junk status. Downgrading of the company's underlying rating with a negative outlook; Factors contributing to the downgrading of the bond.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p35
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2002. Purchase of a court house building by the Cook Country Board of Commissioners; Bond rating of the Detroit Medical Center Inc.; Audit on the construction cost of the Miller Park.
- Northeast bond-watch. Harris, Elizabeth; Hoffman, David; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p25
Presents updates relevant to the municipal bond market in the Northeastern States for January 10, 2000. Includes the budget surplus in Connecticut; Retention of the Ca rating of the Boston Regional Medical Center in Massachusetts.
- Chicago to Issue $108 Million of Special Facilities Bonds for American Airlines. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32651, p3
The article reports on the plan of Chicago, Illinois to issue $108 million of special facilities revenue refunding bonds for American Airlines Inc. on June 19, 2007. The bonds will refund an issue from 1994 that refunded bonds issued in 1984 spent for the airline's costs for improvements to its...
- Salem, Mass., to Float $12 Million in GO Bans on Thursday. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p3
The article reports on Salem, Massachusetts to sell 12 million dollars of general obligation bond anticipation notes. The proceeds of the bond sale will be used for local schools. The fixed-rate notes will be offered through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The notes mature in two...