D.C.'s Wiliams Supports Using City Funds, Debt for New Hospital
- The bond wagon. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p1A
Reports on the role of municipal bond issuer Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) in boosting hospital and dormitory construction in New York City. Agreement with Brook University Hospital for the construction of its cardiac care center; History of DASNY; Specialization of...
- Paso Readies Hospital Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/8/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32852, p1
The article reports that El Paso County Hospital District will issue $120 million of general obligation bonds to finance the construction of a children's hospital approved by voters in November 2008 in El Paso County, Texas. The district also plans to sell $35 million of refunding bonds. In...
- Moody's likes prospects for county hospital. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;01/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the reaction of ratings firm Moody's Investors Services to plans of Cook County, Illinois to construct a hospital. Possible upgrade of county's bond rating; Cost savings for taxpayers.
- El Paso County Planning $120M for New Children's Hospital. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/28/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32762, p40
The article provides insights on the plans of El Paso County, Texas to issue $120 million of general obligation bonds for the construction of the children's hospital in March 2008. Jim Valenti, Thomason Hospital chief executive is the overall supervisor of the children's hospital construction....
- Norman, Okla., Agency Selling $67M Today for New Hospital. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32268, p5
The article reports on the decision of the Norman Regional Hospital Authority to use the proceeds of the 67 million dollar-revenue bond sale to build a new 110-room hospital in Oklahoma. The bonds have been rated BBB by Fitch Ratings Inc. and BBB-minus by Standard & Poor's. The new hospital that...
- Sanford Health Deals for Hospitals in Dakotas. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34393, p1
South Dakota's Sanford Health is bringing $176 million of A-plus rated hospital bonds to market this week in a deal that will mark the final financing of the system's largest construction project to date.
- D.C., Howard University Weigh Plans For a Larger Bond-Backed Hospital. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32006, p7
Reports on Washington, D.C. and Howard University's plans to build an inner-city hospital that will be financed in part by tax-exempt municipal bonds. Role of the university in the hospital's operation.
- As Vote Nears, Work Continues on D.C. Hospital Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31851, p5
Reports that the Washington D.C. has continued to work on development plans for a proposed inner-city hospital that would be operated by Howard University. Estimates of the cost of the construction; Votes on the memorandum of understanding between the district and the university; Coverage of...
- Reinventing the hospital. // Architectural Record;Oct1985, Vol. 173 Issue 12, p121
The emergence of alternative systems for providing health care has prompted the invention of new settings and images for health care facilities. Four building studies: hospital as school; treatment center for minor emergencies; a clinic/doctors'office; and clinic/community center.