N.Y. Counties Eying Deals for Pensions, Early Retirements
- Massachusetts Treasurer: Protect Bond Rating. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;3/17/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Gov. Charlie Baker's proposed early retirement incentive would increase Massachusetts' unfunded pension liability and could hurt its bond rating, said state Treasurer Deborah Goldberg.
- Time will tell. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p8
Comments on the approval of the Retirement Incentive Program in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Arguments regarding the importance of the incentive program; Reason for the increasing rate of unemployment; Need for balance in the budget by the local government.
- Buyouts for State Workers. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/9/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33562, p7
The article reports that Kansas state has offered incentives which induces state workers to retire early in an effort in reducing the payroll by 4,000 from the 23,000 workers.
- Oyster Bay eyes retirement incentive program. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/29/98, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p4B
Reports that a retirement incentive program for employees of the town of Oyster Bay in Long Island, New York will be the subject of a public hearing by the Oyster Bay Town Board on July 7, 1998.
- Early retirement--who can afford it?. Flower, Ruth // Academe;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p51
Presents information on the Voluntary Early Retirement Incentive Plans (VERIPs), offered by institutions to enable or encourage faculty members to retire. Information on the Older Workers Benefit Act; Details on a hearing held by the House Subcommittee on Employer-Employee Relations on May 22,...
- Oyster Bay to save millions with retirement incentive. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/13/98, Vol. 45 Issue 28, p21A
Reports on the potential savings to be generated from Oyster Bay, New York's retirement incentive program.
- Packaging protection. McCormick, Eugene // Money Marketing;2/20/2003, p48
Addresses the issue of ill health early retirement funding in Great Britain. Factors that influence the status of funding in the country; Considerations that should be made by employers in relation to ill health early retirement funding.
- Loyalty Marketing: Creating Incentives Needed To Motivate Agents. Rubin, Sunny // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/7/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 40, p44
Focuses on the importance of early retirement incentives that generates loyalty to the insurance companies in the U.S. Satisfaction in the part of the agent; Identification of key objectives in developing a program; Creation of loyalty marketing program within the industry.
- Kmart looks to cut costs with golden parachutes. // Home Textiles Today;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p1
Reports that Michigan-based retailer Kmart Corp. has offered early retirement packages to about 500 employees in March 2001.