Municipals Lower in Sparse Activity; ISM Numbers Higher Than Expected
- Municipals Gain as Treasuries Rise; Washington, San Fran Airports Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal bonds and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market on January 22, 2003. Basis points on municipal bond yields; Concerns among people regarding municipal bond prospects; Claims that will indicate economic growth according to economists.
- Municipals Gain on Treasury Rally; Wal-Mart Sales Below Expectations. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p2
Reports that U.S. municipal bonds rose due to the gain in the Treasury bill market in the trading session in December 2002. Impact of reshuffling of President George W. Bush's economic team on the stock market; Possibility of any changes in the government's monetary policy; Status of property...
- Municipal Prices Finish Unchanged; California Sells Tobacco to Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p2
Reports that prices of municipal bonds remained unchanged amidst ongoing price volatility in the Treasury market in the U.S. Anticipated retail sales of bonds in the country; Forecasts for the municipal market in light of the Treasury market's performance; Value of fourth quarter bond fund inflows.
- With nowhere to go, prices go nowhere. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p2
Reports on the treasury bill and bond prices in the United States as of October 22, 1997. Absence of news on the national economy affecting the prices.
- Municipals finish down 3/8 to 1/2, as treasury prices take a plunge. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30800, p2
Reports on the decrease in municipal bond points in the United States on January 3, 1999 in light of the government market sell-off due to the Year 2000 problem. Quiet dealings with sporadic activity of traders in the secondary market; Developments in the dollar bond trading and treasury cash...
- Municipals Weaken, Treasuries Fall Amid More Rumors of War With Iraq. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p2
Reports that municipal bonds have weakened as a result of Iraq related rumors which caused the treasury market to drop in the U.S. as of January 28, 2003. Percentage home sales in the country; Impact of the rumors on investors; Apprehensions by traders regarding the situation.
- Treasuries Fall As Manufacturing Gauge Climbs To One-Year High. // Investors Business Daily;10/24/2016, p1
The article reports on fall in treasury note yields after a U.S. manufacturing gauge reached its highest level since 2015.
- Municipals Ebb as Treasuries Fall; Jacksonville, Fla., Sells $211 Million. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market as on February 5, 2003. New-issue sales of Jacksonville, Florida; Non-manufacturing index of the Institute for Supply Management; Bid for municipal bonds in the bond market.
- Municipal Bond Yields Fall One to Two Basis Points as Treasuries Rise. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal bond yields and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market on March 7, 2003. Impact of war concerns on the performance of treasury bills; Views of economists on the labor market; Multi-million dollars in new cash received by municipal bond funds.