Ill.'s Gamble Yields Mixed Results
- Welsh Assembly saga: 'heads will roll' Gates, Charlie // Building Design;11/8/2002, Issue 1555, p3
Focuses on the scandal relating to the extensive cost and delay of the Welsh Assembly building construction in Wales. Impact of the controversy on government reputation; Allocation of additional budget for the design; Criticisms from the public sectors.
- BUILDING OF THE WEEK. // Estates Gazette;10/23/2010, Issue 1042, p7
The article reports on the buildings in Great Britain that will be affected by the plan of the government of Great Britain in cutting its spending are presented which include the Capital building, the Treasury's building and the Olympic stadium.
- Fraser fails to find a single villain of Holyrood. Scott, David // Public Finance;9/17/2004, p7
Reports on the conclusion of a government officer pertaining to the cause of the spiraling cost of Holyrood, the Scottish Parliament building in Edinburg, from the original budget. Contents of the published report of the inquiry chairman; Criticisms of Fraser on the failure of the former project...
- GOVERNMENT PLAYS A DUD HAND. Quinn, David // Estates Gazette;4/26/2008, Issue 816, p90
The article discusses the issue of government funding in Blackpool, England and the government's abandoned policy on supercasinos. An estimated Â£4 million will be added to the coffers as part of separate government "Sea Change" funding for coastal towns. According to Doug Garrett of the...
- Trip Characteristics of Casino and Racino Visitors In A Midwestern State. Scott-Halsell, Sheila A.; Palakurthi, Radesh; Dunn, Greg; Saiprasert, Wanlanai // UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal;2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p27
Gaming is a revenue driver for many areas and can be an economic boost for businesses and tourism entities around gaming venues. This study seeks to provide a comprehensive overview of the characteristics profile and expenditures of casino and racino visitors in a Midwestern state as a valuable...
- Capitol Visitor Center: Update on Status of Project's Schedule and Cost As of June 28, 2006: GAO-06-827T. Dorn, Terrell; Ungar, Bernard L. // GAO Reports;6/28/2006, p1
We are pleased to be here today to assist Congressin monitoring progress on the Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) project. Our remarks will focus on the Architect of the Capitol's (AOC) progress in achieving selected project milestones and in managing the project schedule since Congress's May 24,...
- General Services Administration: Factors Affecting the Construction and Operating Costs of Federal Buildings: GAO-03-609T. // GAO Reports;4/2/2003, p1
The General Services Administration (GSA) has responsibility for more than 8,000 owned and leased buildings nationwide, together encompassing about 338 million square feet of space. Understanding construction and operating costs for these buildings is important, as the increased federal budget...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32316, p26
The article presents a list of approved, defeated and postponed allocation of funds for school development in the U.S. Funds for the construction of new elementary campus, renovations and other improvements were allocated to the states of Texas, New Mexico and others. However, the fund for the...
- Fort Worth OKs Certificate-Funded Hotel Despite Reservations. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p3
Reports the agreement of the City Council to build a city-owned convention center hotel despite the objections of downtown hoteliers in Fort Worth, Texas. Use of public funds without voter authorization; Disclosure of architectural plans for the facility; Construction schedule.