Mutual Funds Under Fire
- Should the U.S. Congress Approve The Present Proposal For a Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Seaway? PRO. Hatch, Carl A.; Patterson, Robert P.; Olds, Leland // Congressional Digest;Oct46, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p238
Presents a report of the subcommittee of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations regarding the Saint Lawrence seaway project. Description of the scope of the project; Cost of the project; Benefits from the project.
- April's fool. Bell., Linda G. // New Republic;9/16/91 - 9/23/91, Vol. 205 Issue 12/13, p49
Presents a letter to the editor about April Glaspie's appearance before a Senate committee investigative hearing.
- Credibility of latest probe hinges on Senate's ability to... Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;2/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 54, p7
Discusses the issue of credibility in the United States Senate's investigation of campaign-funding scandals of 1996, and the view that setting a deadline to finish these investigations, would be the key to gaining credibility. Importance of setting a clear goal to wrap up all investigations...
- Senate Committee Plans Hearings on Gas Hike Prices. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;1/5/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 1, p1
Reports the plan of U.S. Senate Committee for a hearing on natural gas price. Concern of the Senate on the impact of natural gas price on manufacturing in the country; Investigation on natural gas pricing; Indication of spike in gas prices.
- ICI Pressures Senate To Include Advice in 401(k)s. Lystra, Tony // Investment Management Weekly;7/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p1
Focuses on the move of the Investment Company Institute to press the U.S. Senate to allow fund companies to provide 401(k) investors with advice as part of the pension reform legislation that lawmakers are considering.
- So far, so good, say supporters of trust fund conversion measure. Hensley, Scott // American Banker;7/15/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 133, p13
Reports on the US Senate's approval of a measure that allows tax-free conversion of common trust funds into mutual funds.
- SHOULD CONGRESS EMPOWER ROOSEVELT TO REORGANIZE FEDERAL AGENCIES?: CON. Byrd, Harry F. // Congressional Digest;Oct37, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p248
Deals with growth and cost of Federal agencies as described by the Senate Committee to Investigate Executive Agencies of the Government. Excess overhead cost as waste of public money; Duplicated efforts and red tape; Agencies concerned with lending Government funds; Total cost of government.
- Fixed Costs for Fixing Cars. Ridgeway, James // New Republic;11/23/68, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p13
Comments on the investigation to be conducted by a U.S. Senate antitrust subcommittee into the automotive repair industry in November 1968. Findings of preliminary investigations into the business; Incident that led to the investigations; Cost of automotive repairs; Details of a Federal Trade...
- Wright Amendment Hearing Scheduled for Thursday. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p2
Reports that U.S. Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committed has scheduled a hearing on the 1979 Wright Amendment law that prohibits most interstate travel from Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas, Texas. Recognition of American Airlines Inc. chairman and CEO Gerald Arpey, Southwest...