FADE TO BLACK Clint Eastwood
- 'River' runs deep. Chagollan, Steve // Daily Variety;12/19/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 54, pA13
Features actor Clint Eastwood, director of the motion picture "Mystic River," an adaptation from Dennis Lehane's novel. Trademarks as director; Experiences in directing the film "Mystic River".
- Clint Eastwood. // Daily Variety;2/6/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 29, pA3
Features "Mystic River" director Clint Eastwood. Film credits of Eastwood; Challenges faced by Eastwood in directing "Mystic River"; Directors Guild of America and Academy honors received by Eastwood.
- DARK CURRENTS. Abeel, Erica // Film Journal International;Oct2003, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p12
Provides information on the film "Mystic River," directed by Clint Eastwood. Background on the career of Eastwood as an actor and director; Plot of the film; Details of the novel on which the film was based.
- Eastwood Discusses Film Music. Morris, Chris // Billboard;11/29/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the appearance of actor/producer/director Clint Eastwood at the Hollywood Reporter/Billboard Film & TV Music Conference. Information on his score for his motion picture "Mystic River"; Background on his interest in film music; Views on the future of the music business.
- THE EASTWOOD VARIATIONS. Jones, Kent // Film Comment;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the directorial achievements of actor and director Clint Eastwood. Eastwood's old-fashioned sense of responsibility to his audience; Performances of actors Sean Penn, Laurence Fishburne and Kevin Bacon in the film 'Mystic River'; Significance of the scenes in 'The Bridges of Madison...
- About town. Kit, Borys // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/20/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 11, p24
Ending genocide worldwide was the theme Wednesday at the fourth annual Ambassadors for Humanity held on the Universal Studios' Amblin lot. The event benefited survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation, which has amassed testimonies of more than 52,000 Holocaust witnesses and survivors...
- Clint in mint condition. Goldman, William // Variety;9/4/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the success of Clint Eastwood as an actor and as a film director. In 1968, he made the Quigley poll of box office stars, fifth place to be specific. And of all the stats about him, this next may be the most amazing: Thirty five years later, in 1993, he was the No. 1 star in...
- Clint Eastwood's Second Life. Larsen, Josh // American Enterprise;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p51
Discusses the career of Clint Eastwood as a director in the U.S. Background on his career as an action actor; Information on the films he directed, including "Mystic River"; Description of his directorial style.
- River phoenix. Mathieson, Craig // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/27/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6431, p67
There's a moment in Clint Eastwood's "Mystic River," an off-hand comment from a voice on the phone, nothing more than a ritualised aside, that's stuck with bonds of family, friendship and community are intertwined in the film. There's barely a wasted shot in Eastwood's picture, the story of...