- Lions Gate cleans up at Mifed. Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;11/8/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 25, p31
Reports on Lions Gate Films International's selling of the rights of several of its films at the Mifed show. 'Godsend'; 'Cabin Fever.'
- Upcoming titles could make up for spotty B.O. Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, SPECIAL REPORT. p17
Features the operation of the film distribution company Lions Gate Films Inc. in the U.S. Success gained by the company with the release of the film 'Monster's Ball' in 2002; Sales performance of the company in the 2003 Cannes Film Festival; Titles of the 2003 film projects.
- Lions Gate goes on lean diet. DiOrio, Carl; Harris, Dana; Lyons, Charles // Variety;9/2/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the move of Lions Gate to divest its assets. Plan of the film producing company to merge with other entertainment company; Profits of Lions Gate; Films produced by Lions Gate.
- Lions Gate pics perform as company narrows loss. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;9/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p4
Reports the effect of the satisfactory performance of Lions Gate Entertainment pictures on the company's revenue in Los Angeles, California. Addition of homevideos and library sales for revenue increase; Comment on the consequence of the foundation on Lions Gate.
- Film losses hurt Lions Gate profit. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/28/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. for the quarter ended November 27, 2000. Losses from Mandalay Pictures; Stalled growth in the animation unit; Offset revenue gains in film and television businesses; Growth of revenue.
- Lions Gate to distrib Breiman pic. Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;02/10/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 50, p3
Reports on Lions Gate Films' acquisition of the North American theatrical distribution rights to Valerie Breiman's sex comedy `Love and Sex,' starring Famke Janssen and Jon Favreau. Company's plans for the motion picture; International distributor; Number of Sundance film rights acquired by...
- LIONS GATE STALKING. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;2/19/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 57, p8
Reports developments of the Lions Gate Films Inc. in the U.S. as of February 2002. Third quarter net loss for 2001; Comments from Jon Feltheimer, chief executive officer of Lions Gate; Impact of the adoption of accounting rules on the profitability of the company.
- Lions Gate picks up Cannes preem 'One'. Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;04/20/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 35, p30
Reports on Lions Gate Films' acquisition of the worldwide rights to `One,' a romantic comedy to be directed by Gary Sinyor.
- Lions Gate Intl. gets o'seas 'Fever' rights. Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 16, p15
Reports on Lions Gate Films International's acquisition of all overseas distribution rights to the horror picture 'Cabin Fever.' Presentation of the film to the global marketplace at Midfed in Milan, Italy; Directorial debut of Eli Roth.