- HD on DVD Formats. // DV: Digital Video;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p63
This article identifies two competing formats for the next generation of high-definition (HD) discs for the digital video industry in the U.S. These are Blu-ray Disc, driven by Sony Corp. and an alliance of major companies, and HD DVD, developed by Toshiba Corp. and NEC Corp. and endorsed by the...
- Tubes tied. // Daily Variety;12/1/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 42, p60
The article presents information on the digital video discs (DVD). Consumers are looking for assurance both from manufacturers and entertainment companies that the hardware and content they buy today will work together smoothly--that their new personnel computer's, digital music players,...
- setting up for SUCCESS: preproduction POINTERS. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p58
Focuses on the efforts of the motion picture industry in planning and executing a Digital Versatile Disc (DVD)-Video format. Production value of DVD-Video titles; Requirements in producing DVD-Video titles.
- Area DVD outfits show clear financial picture. Lewis, Ferdinand // Variety;11/26/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 2, pA11
Looks at the status of the DVD industry in Los Angeles, California. Demand for DVD format of motion pictures; Companies that have expanded their market operation for DVD motion picture.
- TOP DVD SALES. // Billboard;9/13/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 37, p39
Presents a ranking of top-selling films released in DVD format in the U.S. for the week ending September 13, 2003.
- Court backs industry on DVD copying. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/26/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 8, p1
Motion picture industry in the U.S. won a victory on Monday in its fight to protect movies from illegal copying when the California Supreme Court decided unanimously that protection of a trade secret trumps the First Amendment. While the justices' 7-0 decision in the closely watched case left...
- Czech it out: WB wows, plexes pulse, homevid hums in '02. Meils, Cathy // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p28
Looks at the trends in the motion picture industry of the Czech Republic as of March 3, 2003. Box office performance of U.S. films in Czech; Increase in sales of DVD; Operational status of movie theaters.
- A Comparison Study of Inspector's Performance between Regular and Complex Tasks. Nansaarng, Santirat; Kaewkuekool, Sittichai; Siripattanakunkajorn, Supreeya // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;May2009, Vol. 53, p984
This research was to study a comparison of inspector's performance between regular and complex visual inspection task. Visual task was simulated on DVD read control circuit. Inspection task was performed by using computer. Subjects were 10 undergraduate randomly selected and test for 20/20....
- DVDs lead the way to recovery for indie film. Dawes, Amy // Variety;2/17/2003 Supplement, Vol. 390 Issue 1, p13
Looks at the role of digital video disc (DVD) revenues in the recovery of the independent film market. Comments from Morgan Rector, head of entertainment lending at Comerica bank; Key to the success of independent film producers; Value of soft money for the market; Factors attributed to the...