- Fairy tales come true... // Playthings;Oct96, Vol. 94 Issue 10, following p32
Presents an overview of the success of the `Sesame Street' franchise. Launching in 1969 by the Children's Television Workshop; Growth of the television program into other medias; Background on the program's approach to culture; Awards won through the years; Franchises of the television program;...
- CTW makes commercial push for `Sesame Street'. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p39
Reports on the launch of an advertising campaign by the Children's Television Workshop to promote its television program `Sesame Street.' Emphasis of the campaign on the positive influence of the program on children's academic and social skills; Purchase of spots in network morning shows and...
- Why `Sesame Street' is not `hey, stupid!' Schone, Virginia Ivy // Christian Science Monitor;3/11/98, Vol. 90 Issue 72, p16
Reflects on the author's career at the Children's Television Workshop. Reasons she chose `Sesame Street' as the title for children's program featuring Muppets; Skeptisicm that `Sesame Street' would air.
- Univision gets to `Sesame St.'. Tobenkin, David // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p53
Reports on Spanish-language television network Univision and Children's Television Workshop's (CTW) airing of a Spanish-language version of `Sesame Street.' Airing schedules for `Plaza Sesamo'; Broadcasting to station KMEX-TV Los Angeles, California; KUVN-TV Dallas, Texas; WLTV(TV) Miami, Florida.
- PBS makes big order of Big Bird. Richmond, Ray // Variety;03/02/98, Vol. 370 Issue 3, p50
Announces the extension of PBS partnership with the Children's Television Workshop to continue making and airing `Sesame Street.' Terms of the agreement.
- Sony gets to `Sesame Street'. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/95, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p38
Reports that Sony has earned the rights for Children's Television Workshop's (CTW) `Sesame Street' television program. Plan to collaborate on cable channel that CTW will launch in 1997; Terms under agreement; Distribution of `Sesame Street' home videos.
- `Sesame' ventures into Mideast. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;03/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the joint venture between Children's Television Workshop and Israeli Educational Television for the production of the television program `Sesame Street' in the Middle East. Creation of bilingual episodes for the show; Inclusion of periodic interaction between Israeli and Palestinian...
- Hey! Get a free Sesame St. magazine. Krumplitsch, Kellie // Brandweek;4/18/94, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p22
Describes the Children's Television Workshop's campaign to promote the 25th anniversary of the `Sesame Street' television program. Offer of a free Sesame Street Magazine; Target audience; Aim; Promotion execution.
- Keeping the clouds away. Baldwin, Kristen // Entertainment Weekly;2/14/97, Issue 366, p50
Focuses on plans that the Children's Television Workshop (CTW) has for advertising its educational children's television program `Sesame Street.' Competition in children's programming that has forced CTW to advertise; The advertising budget; At whom the television commercials are aimed;...