WHEN LINES BLUR
- QUESTION AND ANSWER SERVICE. // BKSTS Journal;Jun1975, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p267
The article presents questions and answers related to the motion picture industry. One person asks the benefits of the use of Wratten 85 filter to expose Eastman Color Negative in daylight. Another asks on why is the emulsion layer order of some color print films different from the order used in...
- TECHNIRAMA. Gunn, F. George // British Kinematography;Apr1959, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p94
The article discusses how to improve the definition and reduction of the visibility of grain on large motion picture screens. Definition and fineness of grain could be improved by printing from a negative with a larger area than the positive print. According to the researchers of the Eastman...
- ABSTRACTS. // British Kinematography;Mar1965, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p82
The article presents abstracts on motion picture production. They include "Infrared Transmission Characteristics of Various Colour Release Prints and their Effects on Colour Television Reproduction," "The Performance of Photographic Soundtracks on Eastman Colour Print Film Type 5385 with special...
- Local pix get boost. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;7/14/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the agreement which allow Brazilian public and private motion picture companies to screen their locally made films in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Mexico.
- Accent on Presentation. Pulmam, R. E. // British Kinematography;May1959, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p121
The article shares the author's insights on the British Kinematograph Society Picture Presentation Committee in Great Britain. The Committee is widely representative of the motion picture industry because it concerns with good picture presentation standards. The author said that it is true that...
- Short cuts. Schofield, Nell // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/6/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6371, p12
his article focuses on a show of short motion pictures shot by amateurs held in May 2003 in Australia. On the program were 13 shorts each shot during a time of gay abandon between 1966 and 1973 when a bunch of excitable Sydney residents got their hands on some 16mm Bolex cameras and started an...
- Speed Dating. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;9/29/2015, Vol. 329 Issue 12, p89
The article discusses Italy's International Audiovisual Market (MIA) and its launch of the Make It With Italy initiative, which is dedicated to films from outside Italy and focuses on ensuring that market activity in Rome, Italy has a long-term impact on the Italian film industry.
- New Year, New Secret Agent Man. // Back Stage (1946-5440);1/3/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
In this article the author discusses the film industry in 2013.
- Dry film framework. // American Printer;May96, Vol. 217 Issue 2, p56
Presents a preview of films for use in the print industry. Dry Imagesetting film by Kodak; Dry Tech Imagesetting film by Polariod Graphics Imaging and Linotype-Hell; Laser-imageable film, being developed by 3M; Chemical-free graphic arts film by Fuji; Dry imagesetting system by Konica Imaging.