THE INTERNET AS ATM
- The End of Limits? Carney, James // Time;9/8/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p39
Discusses the fund-raising success of U.S. presidential candidate Howard Dean. Change in Dean's attitude toward campaign-finance reform; How President George W. Bush is freeing himself to spend a record $200 million he hopes to raise for the primaries; Views of rival campaigns; Implications if...
- FINANCIAL PLANNING. Cohn, Jonathan // New Republic;9/8/2003-9/15/2003, Vol. 229 Issue 10/11, p9
Grades United States presidential candidate Howard Dean on general likeability. Reason for his fluctuation on the issue of a public campaign finance scheme, which has spending caps; Mention of how the campaign of President George W. Bush will be financed.
- Campaign Casualties. // America;12/15/2003, Vol. 189 Issue 20, p3
Argues that U.S. foreign policy directions after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks must be the focus of debates by presidential candidates for the 2004 election. Preoccupation of Democratic Party presidential candidates John Kerry and Howard Dean on how to match the campaign funds of...
- On Trail, It's Dean vs. Child Left Behind Act. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;11/12/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p1
Speaking to more than 200 largely undecided voters packed into a technical-college dining room here on Halloween day, Presidential candidate Howard Dean explained his strategy for winning the White House. Fresh from a red-eye flight out of Boise, Idaho, he spent October 31 making his pitch to...
- Beating Around the Bush: A new kind of campaign provides a channel for the hopes and passions of a nation. McKibben, Bill // Orion Magazine;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p14
This article looks at the status of Howard Dean's election campaign as he is being considered a competent rival of George W. Bush in the upcoming U.S. presidential election in 2004. Popularity of Dean as a candidate; Characterization of his campaign; Way to beat Bush in the election.
- THE HOT, HOT, HOT CANDIDATE. Lowry, Richard // National Review;12/22/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p32
The article comments on the presidential candidacy of Howard Dean in the U.S. The author claims that Dean connects with voters through anger at President George W. Bush, the Republicans, corporations and special interest groups. Dean is a centrist dressed up as a leftist for the purposes of the...
- Dean Still Top Internet Fundraiser. Oser, Kris // Direct;Feb2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the record of Democratic Party's presidential candidate Howard Dean in the Internet fundraising campaign in 2003. Price of the fund raised by Dean; Effects of Dean's setting standards for Internet fundraising; Fund raised by presidential candidate John Kerry; Price of the fund...
- EVANS & NOVAK. Novak, Robert // Human Events;11/17/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 40, p12
Presents an outlook on the 2004 presidential elections in the U.S. Response of Southern voters to Democrat politicians; Impact of voter perception on the economy on the presidential candidacy of U.S. President George W. Bush; Status of the campaign of Howard Dean.
- Pushing buttons. Wall, James M. // Christian Century;3/9/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p53
Comments on electioneering for the November 2004 presidential elections in the United States. Spread of a rumor about the anti-Vietnam war activities and marital infidelity of Democratic Party presidential candidate John Kerry; False rumor being spread about the National Guard duty of President...