SHOULD THIS PULITZER BE PULLED
- The mendacity of Walter Duranty. Radosh, Ronald // New Criterion;Jun2012, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p87
The article argues that the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Walter Duranty, head of the "New York Times" Moscow, Russia news bureau during the 1930s, covered up the deaths of hundreds of thousands of victims of the Ukrainian famine while writing about the supposed successes of Soviet...
- THE PURSUIT OF TRUTH AND THE SURVIVAL OF FREEDOM. Sussman, Leonard R. // Quadrant Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p42
Commemorates the 400th issue of "Quadrant" magazine. Founders of the publication; Information on the awarding of the Pulitzer Prize to Walter Duranty, Moscow correspondent of the "New York Times''; Fraudulent act committed by Duranty in his report about the formative years of Stalin's...
- Chabon, Ellis Win Pulitzers. // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p11
Presents the winners of the 2001 Pulitzer Prizes awarded at Columbia University in New York on April 16, 2001. Cash prize to be received by each winner; Details on the winners.
- Duranty's Deception. Berlau, John // Insight on the News;7/22/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p18
Highlights the 'New York Times' scandal involving alleged plagiarism and false reporting from former star reporter Jayson Blair. Significance of the journalism of Pulitzer Prize-winner and star foreign correspondent Walter Duranty in the 1930s; Standard of the newspapers when its comes to...
- Polk and Pulitzer close ranks with the AP. Robins, Wayne // Editor & Publisher;05/22/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 21, p7
Reports the selection of the Associated Press (AP) article entitled `No Gun Ri' as the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize and the George Polk Awards in the United States. Certainty of Seymour Topping, head of the Pulitzer Prize committee, on the judgment; List of AP reporters cited for the George...
- American Accomplishment. Walsh, James J. // America;8/16/1919, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p470
The article focuses on the formal reports of the juries of the Pulitzer award in the U.S. It states that the juries' reports are full for comments and for thoughts. Accordingly, there is no doubt about the ability of the jurors, and their decisions would seem to indicate their definite resolve...
- So What? Porter, Bruce // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p41
No abstract available.
- The 2010 Pulitzer Prize winners for Journalism:. // Editor & Publisher;May2010, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p29
A list of the winners for the 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Journalism in the U.S. is presented, including "Bristol (Va.) Herald Courier" in the Public Service category, "The Seattle Times" in the Breaking News Reporting category, and Michael Moss and other staff members of "The New York Times" in the...
- 80th annual Pulitzer Prizes. Giobbe, Dorothy; Case, Tony // Editor & Publisher;4/13/96, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p9
Lists the circulation newspapers and news services winners at the 1996 Pulitzer Prizes in fourteen categories. Includes public service; Spot news; Investigative reporting; Explanatory journalism.