NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS
- What Becomes a Classic Most? Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p15
Comments on the plans of Penguin Group for a paperback imprint called Essential Editions which will be released in the U.S. in September 2005. Books included in the Essential Editions; Criticisms on the paperback imprint; Price of the books.
- Penguin's small books create big stir. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;6/19/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 25, p19
Reports on Penguin's release of 60 book titles to be sold for 90 cents in celebration of its 60th anniversary. Goal of the publishing house in selling low-cost paperback books; Book contents; Strategies for economic book production; Predictions on the appeal of Penguin's plans.
- Mass market paperbacks. Maryles, Daisy; Sanborn, Margaret // Publishers Weekly;8/8/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 32, p314
Lists paperbacks published by Berkeley Inc. for release in fall 1994. Includes `Thunder Point,' by Jack Higgins; `One and Only,' by Barbara Bretton; `St. Agnes' Stand,' by Tom Edison; `For All Eternity,' by Linda Lael Miller; `Mr. Murder,' by Dean Koontz; `McNally's Caper,' by Lawrence Sanders;...
- Berkley. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 32, p396
Lists paperbacks from Berkley. `Vanish with the Rose,' by Barbara Michaels; `The Lawyer's Tale,' by D. Kincaid; `Dragon Tears,' by Dean Koontz; More.
- Berkley. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;1/17/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 3, p324
Presents a list of mass market paperbacks from Berkley. `Terminal,' by Robin Cook; `Shameless,' by Suzanne Forster; `Winter Prey,' by John Sandford; `Patriot's Dream,' by Barbara Michaels; More.
- Penguin Debuts Premium Paperbacks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the introduction of the Penguin Premium paperback format by Penguin Group USA. Features of the format; List of authors whose works will be published by the company as premium editions, including Nora Roberts and Robin Cook.
- Penguin Holds Slight Lead Over Random House in Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;7/31/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p7
The article presents the paperback fiction list of The New York Times with Penguin Group USA in the lead, just three titles over Random House. Aside from the above mentioned publisher, included in the lists are Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins, and Hachette Book Group. Only one newcomer is in the...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p8
Lists the top 10 publishers for paperback fiction year-to-date 2003. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon and Schuster; HarperCollins; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck; Harlequin Book Publishing; Kensington; Harcourt; Norton; Tyndale House.
- Da Vinci Code Still Helping Random House Rule HC Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the dominance of publisher Random House Inc. in the hardcover fiction category in the U.S. Result of the popularity of the book "The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown; Ranking of Penguin Group USA Inc.; Citation of popular books released by Simon & Schuster Inc.