- Americana Publishing Sells Audio Books Through Trucking Companies. // Book Publishing Report;11/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the marketing campaign of U.S.-based Americana Publishing Inc. in selling its audio books. Number of trucking companies it had reached to help disseminate the books; Discount rate allowed to truck drivers; Amount of revenue generated thru the campaign.
- Americana Publishing Completes CD and Tape Duplication Facility. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Americana Publishing Inc. has completed the installation of its art audio CD and tape duplication equipment. Company chairman and chief executive George Lovato said the new equipment would improve efficiencies while generating additional revenues. The company...
- New Web site launched to help small publishing houses sell books. // Book Publishing Report;10/04/99, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on New Mexico-based Americana Publishing Inc.'s introduction of an electronic commerce site, americanabooks.com. Utilization of a proprietary search engine; Chance for customers to download audio books and electronic books onto personal computers.
- Hyperion Launching Literary-Oriented Imprint For Spring 2001. // Book Publishing Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p4
Reports on Hyperion's launch of an imprint targeted at the literary market in the spring of 2001. Company's effort to focus more specifically on a small number of its review-driven, literary-oriented titles; Plan to release only six titles per season under the Theia imprint.
- Miramax books VP, publishing. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the appointment of Jon Yaged as vice president of business and legal affairs at Miramax Books in 2004. Profile on Yaged; Career highlights.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 2, p10
The article announces personnel changes in the book industry, including the promotion of Linda Pricci at Rizzoli, the departure of Tamson Weston from Disney Hyperion and the promotion of Gretchen Young at Hyperion.
- Multimedia Publisher Plans To Pick Up Printer To Strengthen Services. // Book Publishing Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans of multimedia publisher Americana Publishing Inc. to purchase a printer to expand the business-to-business services it offers to other publishers. Expected completion of the deal.
- Untitled. O'Brien, Maureen // Publishers Weekly;3/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the book rights acquisitions made by Hyperion Books. Actor Burt Reynolds' autobiography; Signing of controversial stand-up comic and sitcom star Martin Lawrence; Release of an original hardcover novel expanding the screenplay `The Piano.'
- Hyperion to launch mass market program. Feldman, Gayle // Publishers Weekly;12/5/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 49, p18
Reports on Hyperion's plan to launch a mass market program. Books scheduled for release; Publication of books vertically on a selective basis; Distribution of hardcovers and trade paperbacks through Time-Warner's Little, Brown sales team.