Trade Publisher Profitability Falls in Fiscal 2000, Shows Signs of Life in 2003
- Fiscal 2002 Brings Mostly Modest Increases In Profits, Revenues For Leading Book Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;8/26/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
Reports that fiscal year 2000 has brought mostly modest increases in profits and revenues for leading companies in the United States book trade. Earnings of HarperCollins Publishers Inc., Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc., Reader's Digest Association Inc., Scholastic Inc. and Wiley & Sons Inc.;...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on issues and events related to book publishing business in the U.S. as of February 2006. Sales and operating income of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. increase in the second quarter ended December 31, 2005. Sales of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the third quarter ended...
- Category Review: Finding Religion. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an overview of the market segment of religious books publishing at the HarperCollins Publishers LLC/Thomas Nelson Inc. Noted is that the market will be a busy one since over the past four quarters, around 154 editions of 128 titles have been identified within he religion...
- Here Comes Zondernelson. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that HarperCollins Publishers LLC, which has bought Thomas Nelson Inc. is planning keep the Zondervan and Thomas Nelson brands and editorial separate from its newly created Christian publishing division.
- IN THE LOOP. // Book Publishing Report;9/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p5
Discusses the book market distribution of the HarperCollins company. Economic status in the merchandising industry; Administrative function of the company; Operational activities and affiliations in the business.
- The fellowship of the hype. Hammond, Karen // Quill & Quire;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p6
Reports the release of a series of books from author J.R.R. Tolkien by HarperCollins Canada in Canada. List of the books released; Increase on the sales of the books; Recruitment of Jeannine Rosenberg to coordinate promotion and marketing campaigns for the books.
- HC Ups Free Freight Minimun. // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p20
Reports on the changes implemented by book company, Harper Collins (HC) in terms of sale, beginning July 1, 2001. Increase in HC minimum order for accounts to receive free freight; Discount for orders worth less than $100 at retail.
- BP Radar. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the book publishing industry in the U.S. in 2007. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. has announced that it will close its Regan office in Los Angeles, California as of March 1. Thomas Nelson Inc. has formed a distribution partnership with FindEx.com Inc., a...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p5
Reports developments in publishing industry in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Revenue of HarperCollins in its 2003 year; First quarter fiscal sales of Thomas Nelson Inc.; Increase of the profit of Indigo Books.