WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit, Revamps Exec. Suite
- WRC Media Reorganizes Properties To Increase Its Competitive Edge. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p6
Reports the reorganization of subsidiaries into operating units by WRC Media in New York. Rationale of the organization; Status of CompassLearning and American Guidance Service Inc. under the reorganization plan; Classification of Weekly Reader and World Almanac Education to Reference and...
- WRC Media Reorganizes Into Two Units, Reports First Quarter Earnings. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
Reports the reorganization of WRC Media Co. in New York. Purpose of the reorganization; Merger of the WRC acquired companies; Details the decrease of first quarter company earnings.
- Revenue Down at WRC Media, Operating Performance Improves. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher WRC Media Inc. in the year 2002.
- With Revenue Shrinking, WRC Media Faces Default on Credit Agreements and Cash Shortfall in 2004. // Educational Marketer;12/15/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the financial performance of educational publisher WRC Media Inc. in New York. Decline of revenue; Evaluation of business options; Shortage of funds.
- WRC Media Adds Consumer Business Unit. // Book Publishing Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the reorganization plans of the supplemental curriculum publisher WRC Media Inc. in New York. Aim of the company to focus on consumers; List of businesses of the company; Expansion of the company.
- Only Weekly Reader Posts Increase as WRC Media Revenue Declines. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p5
Analyzes the financial performance of New York City-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media for 2003. Decline in revenue; Company's effort to pursue new financing to help it meet its financial expectations. INSET: WRC Media Financial Results(1) Year End, Ended Dec. 31, 2003 ....
- News Briefs. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that WRC Media Inc. is creating the Weekly Reader Publishing Group as part of its new organizational structure as it integrates with Reader's Digest Association Inc. The Weekly Reader Publishing Group consists of Weekly Reader magazines, books and custom publishing among...
- WRC Media's Q2 Revenue Improves 3.9% On Growth In AGS. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the increase of revenues in the K-12 supplemental publisher, WRC Media Inc. in New York. Consideration of the large sales growth in its largest unit, American Guidance Service, as the reason for the revenue increase; Statement of CEO Martin Kenney on the improvement of the company;...
- Ripplewood's Reader's Digest Acquisition Brings Changes to WRC. // Electronic Education Report;4/6/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the changes brought by the acquisition of Reader's Digest Association Inc. by the parent company of WRC Media Inc., Ripplewood Holdings LLC, in New York. One of the changes was the formation of a consumer business services unit that brought together Reader's Digest's book...