Paul Berg--American Nobel Laureate
- Prologue for Reflections and Perspectives. Taniguchi, Naoyuki // Journal of Biochemistry;Jul2009, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces a series of reports on the work of several biochemists and molecular biologists.
- Berg, Paul (1926 - ). // Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography;2005, p1
U.S. molecular biologist who shared (with Walter Gilbert and Frederick Sanger) the 1980 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his work in genetic engineering, particularly for developing DNA recombinant techniques that enable genes from simple organisms to be inserted into the genetic material of other...
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p95
An encyclopedia entry for the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), a nonprofit organization whose members include scientists and educators who seek to advance the sciences of biochemistry and molecular biology, is presented.
- Connectivity Map: The Esperanto of Drug Discovery? Hede, Karyn // Bioscience Technology;May2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p24
The article discusses connectivity maps and its role in drug development. Justin Lamb of the Board Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University prescribes a solution to aid drug development by coming up with a common language for biochemists, molecular biologists and...
- I was lucky, I was there at the right time. Gutfreund, H. // Cellular & Molecular Life Sciences;Jan2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p1
Offers a look at the personal and professional life of biochemist and molecular biologist H. Gutfreund. Influence of physics on his works; Overview of scientists he met at Cambridge University; Achievements of Cambridge scientists in molecular biology; Overview of his works on enzyme mechanism.
- OBSERVING STAMP DESIGNS. Firby, Charles G. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;6/27/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 26, p34
Analyzes the different designs of stamps in Turkey.
- Modern Circus Magic in New Die-But Sheetlets. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;8/29/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 9, p39
Presents information on the die-cut stamp sheets of the Modern Circus Omnibus.
- 50 Years Ago in Stamps: The Great Buddha of Kamakura. Spaulding Jr., Robert M. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;9/05/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 10, p28
Describes the Japanese stamp depicting the Kamakura Daibutsu or Great Buddha of Kamakura.
- From Britain: Planes, Trains and Automobiles. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;9/05/2003, Vol. 193 Issue 10, p9
Features stamps in Royal Mail's Transport series depicting classic examples from the golden age of British toy production.