Effect of a High Saturated Fat and no-Starch Diet on Serum Lipid Subfrations in Patients With Documented Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
- Take Home Weight-Loss Tips for Patients. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p36vii
The article presents tips on losing weight. People who wish to lose weight should set reasonable goals. The best goals are attainable, measurable, and leave a little "wiggle room" so that people don't feel too confined. Trimming 200 calories a day adds up to 1,400 calories a week and 72,800...
- The healthiest way to LOSE WEIGHT. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Shape;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p122
Focuses on several healthy ways to lose weight. Move from fatty foods to low-fat and high fiber meals; Importance of meal variation on maintaining dietary changes; List of nutrients necessary on maintaining good health and preventing diseases.
- WEIGHT LOSS BULLETIN. // Men's Health;May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p36
The article discusses several studies related to weight loss.
- More Fat Better for Heart When Losing Weight. // Environmental Nutrition;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the intake of fat for heart while losing weight. Assignments of following weight-loss diets with low fat or moderate fat to overweight and obese people; Intake of saturated fat for both diets; Result of loss of 15 pounds and low cholesterol and low density lipoprotein cholesterol;...
- Sibutramine: balanced judgment or prejudice? Coutinho, Walmir; James, W. Philip T. // Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria;jun2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p115
The author expresses his concern on the way the anti-obesity agent, sibutramine, was evaluated for its potential impact on cardiovascular risk by the Sibutramine Cardiosvascular Outcome Trial (SCOUT). He says that the results should not be applied to the general population of obese patients...
- COFFEE ALWAYS BURNS FAT. Aceto, Chris; Mazzucchi, Steve // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2004, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p58
Explains the truth to the myth that coffee always burns fat. Suggestion for maximizing the fat-burning potential of coffee; Consequence of eating breakfast with coffee before a cardiovascular session.
- FAT-LOSS HANDBOOK. O'Connell, Jeff; Glassman, Keri; Formichelli, Linda; Alexander, Clayton; Claps, Frank; Kallen, Ben // Men's Fitness;Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p80
Discusses guidelines for losing weight. Analysis of calorie content over fat content in foods; Avoidance of processed foods; Distribution of meals.
- Eating a low-fat diet is the best way to get really lean. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2010, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p36
The article reports that it is a myth that eating low-fat diet is the best way to lose weight as the body requires certain fats to remain healthy such as two essential fatty acids (EFAs) lionoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid and suggests that one should maintain EFA ratio, lose bodyfat as fast...
- Case Histories: Risks Associated with the Atkins-style Diets. Acocella, Steven // Nutritional Perspectives: Journal of the Council on Nutrition;Oct2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p33
The following case histories are presented to explicate some of the many risks associated with a high fat, high animal protein, low carbohydrate Atkins diet style. I have added background and ancillary information as well as an editorial discussion to aid in the understanding of these cases.