Far West Facing Nearly a Cool Billion in Bond Questions
- Far West Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31675, p31
Presents information on bonds and investments in various far-western states in the U.S. as of July 11, 2003. Approval of corporate reform initiative by the California State Teachers' Retirement System's investment committee; Allegations put forth by the state auditor against Hawaii Visitors &...
- Far West: GO Yield Curves for Aug. 22, 2001. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p33
Presents general obligation bond yield curves in the Far West, for August 22, 2001.
- California Helps Power Far West to 32% Spike in Volume. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p30
Reports on the increase in bond issues made by issuers in the Far West region of the U.S. Factors contributing to the increase; Bonds sold in the state of California; Bonds sold by other states in the region.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p31
Presents news briefs related to bonds in the Far Western region of the U.S. California state Senator Dede Alpert's introduction of a legislation to place a multi-billion dollar general obligation bond measure on the March 24, 2003 ballot; Fitch Ratings Inc.'s assignment of AA rating to...
- Far west bond-watch. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/31/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30264, p58
Presents various news about bonds in the Far West United States. Returning of the 31 million funds to Los Angeles' Department of Airports verified by the United States Department of Transportation audit in Los Angeles, California; Decision made by Las Vegas City Council in Nevada to buy an...
- Far West invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p34
Presents a chart of the invisible supply of bonds in the Western States as of September 26, 1997.
- High prices, low yields pave the way for short-term options, players say. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30312, p7
Reports that sticker shock continues to persuade many Far West retail investors to shorten their maturities to under 12 years as they seek shelter from the flat yield curve. Difficulty of peddling municipal bonds; Unchanged preference for high-quality bonds; Little opportunity to test the...
- Far West invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p26
Presents a chart related to bonds in far West United States as of March 19, 1999.
- Far West bond-watch. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p27
Presents news items related to bonds in far West United States as of March 19, 1999. Includes balancing of the budget of Alaska; Assessment of Arizona's transportation needs; Establishment of Commission on Building in California.