High-Yield Expert: Hedge Fund Managers Looking for Munis
- Muni Watchers View Hedge Fund Presence, Liquidity Favorably. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;11/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34013, p1
The article informs that investors in municipal bonds in the U.S. are pleased that hedge funds have increased their bets in state and local government debt. Triet Nguyen, managing partner at the investment advisory firm Axios Advisors LLC, says that hudge funds should provide more stability and...
- Excerpts from "Investing in the High-Yield Municipal Market," by Triet Nguyen:. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33751, p6
Several excerpts from the book "Investing in the High-Yield Municipal Market," by Triet Nguyen is presented.
- Q&A: NewOak to Treat Munis Like Corporates. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;10/15/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34194, p1
Triet Nguyen and Chris Foster discuss their quantitative approach to munis, how they are getting cross-over investors interested in municipal bonds, and why they are looking at the military housing sector.
- MSRB: Muni Trading Up 14%, Puerto Rico Bonds Among Most Traded. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/6/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34356, p1
Trading activity in the municipal market for the second quarter of this year was 14% higher than the previous quarter as well as the second quarter last year, with several Puerto Rico bonds among the most traded, according to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- Puerto Rico, the next emerging-market credit? CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;2/27/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses the decision of Puerto Rican government in issuing government-obligation (GO) bonds for $3.5 billion. The view of Triet Nguyen, managing director of Chicago, Illinois-based Axios Advisors LLC, regarding the issuance of municipal bonds in Puerto Rico is also tackled. The...
- Looking for the Next Big Thing? Check Out a Muni Hedge Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p1
Reports on collaboration between BlackRock Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co. to start a municipal bond hedge fund entitled ML BlackRock Municipal Multi-Strategy Fund. Corporate profile of the companies; Benefits of the hedge funds for investors; Date of launching for the hedge funds.
- Munis' New Admirers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31486, p1
Reports the interest of hedge funds investors in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Factors seen by the investors in the municipal bond market; Investment strategies used by the investors; Neutralization of interest rate risk by the hedge funds.
- Market Close: 'Blockbuster' Puerto Rico Deal to Buoy Thin Market. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;2/25/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34065, p1
The article focuses on the impact of the issuance of Puerto Rico bonds on the U.S. municipal bond market as of February 2014. Topics discussed include year-to-date bond issuance is 29.29 billion U.S. dollars, the views of strategist Mikhail Foux, Puerto Rico bonds likely to attract hedge funds...
- Volume Keeps Climbing. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p1
Reports on the increase in debt sales and year-to-date volume in the municipal bond market in the U.S. in 2005. Market and economic indicators; Benefits of low municipal bond interest rates in money borrowing and refundings; Market behavior of tender-option bond program buyers and municipal...