Fairfax County, Va., Board to Vote Dec. 8 on Proposal for Rail Tax District
- Pennsylvania School District Appeals IRS Ruling That '96 Issue Is Taxable. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p6
The article reports on the appeal of a Pennsylvania School District on the ruling of the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1996 bond issue is taxable. The school district may sue up to eight parties to the transaction. Bondholders should be protected from taxation and deal...
- Missing Financials No Impediment to Utah District's Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p3
Highlights the decision of Jordanelle Special Service District in Utah to pursue the plans to sell special assessment bonds on July 25, 2000. Correction of a wrong financial statement in a preliminary official statement; Value of the negotiated transaction.
- Texas Prepares for First Railroad Bond Sale Since 1880s. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31540, p28
Reports that members of the Bexar County Rural Rail District in Texas are preparing for the state's first rail bond issue since the 1880s as of December 2002. Agreement reached by the district's board of directors to send a request for proposal for a financial advisor to help prepare the...
- Wash. Audit Questions Sewer Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p1
Reports that the Washington State auditor has challenged the validity of $20 million in bonds sold by a utility local improvement district in the state in 2000. Allegation that Holmes Harbor Sewer District violated numerous laws; Aspects of the proposed commercial development called Silver...
- South Carolina SPDs under the gun following court ruling. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;02/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30339, p30
Reports on plans by South Carolina's special purpose districts to regroup in the wake a state Supreme Court ruling that could erode their taxing authority. Details of the ruling; Number of SPDs established by legislators as of February 1998.
- New Missouri-Kansas Tax District Bill Heads to the Senate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30954, p5
Reports on a pending legislation consenting to a Kansas-Missouri taxing district that would be authorized to sell bonds for cultural facilities in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Amendment to the bistate tax compact among four counties in and around the city; Key provisions of the bill;...
- News. // International Construction;Apr98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p7
Reports that Shanghai, China, has been set to issue bonds to raise funds for the construction of the city's second subway line.
- N.J. Legislature Looks Sure to Approve Local Take on TIFs. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the legislation on tax-increment financing in New Jersey. Enabling of municipalities to create revenue allocation districts; Sale of bonds backed by added tax revenues generated from development within the municipalities' borders.
- Special MUDs Have Served Texas Well for a Century, Experts Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p32
Focuses on the performance of municipal utility districts (MUDS) in Texas. Formulation of special districts in the state; Importance of MUDs; Number of bond issues produced by MUDs.