Colorado Democrats Looking to Overhaul Budget Process
- CAPITAL HIGHLIGHTS. Sterling, Ed // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/30/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 44, p1D
The article offers information related to Hays County, Texas including the attachment of the state budget to the general appropriations bill proposed by Tommy Williams, the legislation filed by Representative Mike Villareal to cut the number of assessments on the cumulative passing score, and...
- No Pact Yet On Calif.'s '07 Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32403, p1
The article reports on the deadline for the development of the 2007 state budget in California. The deadline was implemented due to conflicts with the budget proposals between the two leading parties. There are uncertainties if representatives can meet the deadline, since the house needed...
- Bill on Pensions, Philly Budget Goes to Pennsylvania House. Kaske, Michelle // Investment Management Weekly;8/27/2009, p1
The article reports on the approval of a measure by the Pennsylvania senate in a vote of 38 to 9. It is noted that state House lawmakers will now consider amendments to a bill that would balance the state's fiscal 2010 budget and place any local pension funds that are less than 50 percent...
- Cheat Sheet: What's Really Going On With Wisconsin's Budget. Hernandez, Sergio // Pro Publica;2/20/2011, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to the budget repair bill proposed by Republican Governor Scott Walker including what does Walker want, budget crisis and budget limits.
- Legislature's regular session comes to an end â€“ at last. Sterling, Ed // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/29/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p4A
The article reports on the final week of the regular session of the Texas Legislature in May 2013, wherein, lawmakers passed the Senate Bill 1, a state budget for the fiscal biennium 2014-2015 on May 26, along with the House Bill (HB) 1025 and HB 500.
- Businesses warn state: Don't hurt economy to fix budget. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p29
As the administration of the Michigan state and lawmakers stare down the state's $918.7 million projected deficit, business officials warn that budget solutions can't come on their backs. Over the past two years, Michigan has borne nearly a quarter of all the job losses in the U.S. Governor...
- Campaign financing revamp, new poker rules fail. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;7/6/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p15
The article discusses some of the fee increases and other legal changes buried in the 29,000-word trailer bill in New Hampshire. Corporations can keep on giving directly to the candidates of their choice, but unions cannot. Those running poker tournaments will give 35 percent of the profits...
- Expensive Giveaways. Taber, George M. // njbiz;4/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the potential increase of benefit costs for the local employees in New Jersey. Benefit costs at the state level in the fiscal year 2004 to 2005; Effects of approving the legislative bills on the economic budget of the state.
- Hospitals say budget bill just what the doc ordered. Mortland, Shannon; Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p3
The article analyzes the state budget bill, passed by Ohio, which has more insurance coverage for children. It is stated that the budget bill will cover more pregnant women and uninsured children under Medicaid and provides higher reimbursements for hospitals and nursing homes. According to...