House OKs Stopgap Funding Legislation
- Regulators cost taxpayers ...1bn. // Public Finance;09/26/97, p3
Reports on the finding by a London School of Economics team that regulators and auditors of the British Audit Commission and National Audit Office are costing taxpayers one billion pounds a year. Doubling of spending on regulation between 1976 and 1995.
- Forsyth to carry out review of capping. // Public Finance;09/15/95, p2
Reports the plans for a review on council capping by secretary Michael Forsyth in Scotland. Promises made by Forsyth during the Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation conference; Role of Forsyth in announcing a deregulation programme for local authorities; Opposition of Chancellor of the...
- Federal R&D in FY 2002 will have biggest percentage gain in 20 years. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p23
Reports on an increase in federal research and development (R & D) spending in the U.S. in fiscal year 2002. Amount of money approved by the U.S. Congress and U.S. President George W. Bush for terrorism-related R & D; R & D funding agencies that will benefit from the increase; Total federal...
- FY 2001 Spending Bills. // Parks & Recreation;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the appropriations bills for government agencies in the United States (U.S.) for the year 2001. Amount of budget for the Department of the Interior approved by the U.S. Senate; Passage of the appropriation legislation for the Department of Commerce; Appropriations bill for the...
- Council talks public works. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;9/10/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 37, p2A
The article reports on the evaluation made by the Floresville City Council on the needs of the departments of the city before developing a final draft of the 2015 fiscal year budget in Texas.
- Money Crunch Ahead. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31866, p31
Reports on the projections of the New Mexico Legislative Finance Committee on government expenditures.
- Councils smash targets on recovery of illegal benefits. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;09/15/95, p2
Reports the recovery of financial benefits fraud in Great Britain. Analysis of council fraud investigation officers on the recovery; Details on the fraud detection targets of councils; Information on the earnings and losses of councils; Implication for the Commons social security committee...
- L.A. Council OKs Extra Gay Funds. // Advocate;12/9/82, Issue 357, p14
Reports on the increase of city expenditures for public agencies that serve gay clients due to intensive lobbying in Los Angeles, California. Agreement of city council to give funds to the Gay and Lesbian Community Services Center; Source of funds; Approval of additional funds for the...
- Nondefense R&D would take a hit in proposed FY 2004 budget. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the increased federal research and development budget for fiscal year 2004 proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush on February 3, 2003. Funding for defense and nondefense research and development; Budget for the U.S. National Institutes of Health and the National Science...