Maryland County Earmarks $30M to Bail Out Health System
- FASB releases statement on not-for-profit organizations'... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p6
Reports that under a statement released by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), non profit health-care organizations must report certain investments at fair value. Effective date; Where statement is available from; Cost of statement.
- Well, at least you've got your health. Chun-Tuck, Michelle // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/18/2001, Issue 322787, p7
Focuses on the role of nonprofit organizations in health care funding in California. Examples of local nonprofit organizations that provide funding to local health care institutions; Need for nonprofits to assess its own programmatic scope to determine if what it sets out contributes to the...
- The new lingo of added value. Appleby, Chuck // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the application of economic value added (EVA) to traditional not-for-profit health care organizations in the United States. Popularity among pharmaceuticals; Advantages in strategic planning and employee incentive plans; Elements working against the use of EVA. INSET: EVA's allure:...
- Moody's Paints Dimmer Picture for Cultural Institutions. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p27
Cites a report of Moody's Investors Service related to rating of non-profit cultural institutions with outstanding credits in the U.S. Types of institutions borrowing the credits; Report of Moody's issued prior to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Views of analyst Naomi Richman on...
- Renaissance Auxiliary Hudson River boat ride. // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 35, p8
The article reports that Renaissance Health Care Network Auxiliary Inc. (RHCNA), a non-profit organization, held its summer afternoon fundraiser on the Spirit of New York/New Jersey on the Hudson River. Over 75 guests attended the festive summer fundraising event. RHCN Auxiliary supports the...
- FROM THE BLOGS. Ruhl, Lenay // Central Penn Business Journal;12/4/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p16
The article presents a blog post regarding the Top five non-profit healthcare groups that received donations from the Extraordinary Give program of the Lancaster County Community Foundation including Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center of Lancaster County, and Hospice & Community Care.
- What's a credit rating worth? Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;01/17/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p40
Examines what credit rating can and not do in the United States (US). Information on the deterioration in the credit outlook in the US not-for-profit hospitals; Importance of strategy; What bond rating indicates.
- PRO-PROFITS LEAD CREDIT RATINGS. // Trustee;Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the stabilization of hospital credit ratings of for-profit organizations in the U.S. Ability of for-profit organizations to reduce debt; Comparison between the credit ratings of for-profit and non-profit organizations; Creation of added capacity for profit organizations.
- Fitch Downgrades St. Louis-Based Nonprofit. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p4
Reports the downgrading of National Benevolent Association by Fitch Ratings in Saint Louis, Missouri. Decrease of the BBB rating to BBB-minus; Inability of profits to stem operating losses.