NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p2
Presents news briefs related to U.S. bond market as of January 31, 2003. Comparison of increase in gross domestic product in year 2003 with year 2002; Increase in applications for state unemployment benefits according to data provided by the U.S. Labor Department; Increase in the employee...
- Minnesota Economic Indicators. // Minnesota Employment Review;Jan2014, p14
The article presents the economic indicator report in Minnesota for December 2013 with the increase of wage and salary employment by 9,500 jobs and 4.8% growth on its adjusted online help-wanted advertisements over the last five months. It notes the gains of the state's purchasing managers'...
- Hitting the hot spots. Enticknap, Nicholas // Computer Weekly;2/14/2002, p24
Reports the trend in the information technology (IT) recruitment market in Great Britain. Decline of IT job advertisements on Web sites; Change in demand by job category; Average salaries on offer. INSET: How the survey is compiled..
- HOW TO. . . Write the perfect job advertisement. // People Management;Oct2013, p14
The article shares tips for writing a job advertisement including the use of multi-media channels, providing basic information such as job title, salary, responsibilities and requirements, and being simple by stating the benefit of the job opportunity.
- JOB-ADVERTISING AND WAGE CONTROL SPILLOVERS. Goodwin, William B.; Carlson, John A. // Journal of Human Resources;Winter81, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p80
ABSTRACT This article examines the tradeoffs between wages and job-related advertising in the recruitment of new employees. We hypothesize that when wages are limited by controls, firms increase their use of nonwage recruiting methods. We find support for this hypothesis by examining the effect...
- Successful ads quote salary. // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p10
Reveals that salary and job title are the most important incentives to read and reply to help-wanted advertisements in Great Britain. Results of a survey conducted on behalf of Price Waterhouse Management Consultants; Refusal to quote one's qualifications in the absence of a salary quotation;...
- Munis Lose Lustre as Treasuries Dip; $98M of Illinois Health Revs Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of November 2003. Assessment of the third quarter gross domestic product; Impact of geopolitical factors on bond yields; Bond maturity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 24.
- Municipals Unchanged in Light Trading As 'The List' Mesmerizes Participants. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p2
Focuses on the performance of the bond market in the United States. Attention given to an issued bid list; Rise of the gross domestic product; Increase in the number of initial jobless claims.
- Indexes Dive After FOMC's Word of Economic Slowdown. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p40
Reports the decline of the Bond Buyer indexes in the United States. Acknowledgement of a weakening market by the Federal Open Market Committee; Revision of the growth of the gross domestic product; Increase in the number of building permits.