Wash. State Vehicle Fee Repeal OK'd
- Business groups win; withholding tax gone. Hoover, Kent // Buffalo Law Journal;11/21/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 93, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has voted 95-0 on November 10, 2011 to repeal the law passed by the U.S. Congress in 2005 which requires federal, state and local governments to withhold 3 percent tax to providers of goods and services, starting 2013.
- State business tax repeal sparks debates, concerns over impact. Smallwood, Dan // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/7/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses the debates and concerns generated by the initiatives of the Republican lawmakers and Governor Rick Snyder to repeal the Michigan Business Tax (MBT).
- Excise Tax Deposits. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the final regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service on excise tax deposits and applied to tax liabilities incurred after February 28, 1997.
- Bills take aim at luxury tax. Gates, Max // Automotive News;9/20/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5518, p2
Reports on the bill introduced by Nebraska legislators to repeal the luxury tax on automobiles. Enhancement of investment opportunities for European firms; Rise in the baseline for the auto tax in 1994.
- Congress agrees: Luxury tax is out. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;8/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5672, p4
Reports on the US Congress' decision to phase out the luxury automobile tax. Amount generated by the tax each year; Opposition from the American International Automobile Dealers Association and the National Automobile Dealers Association to the tax since its proposal in 1990.
- Glitch mars luxury tax fix. Gates, Max // Automotive News;8/16/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5513, p1
Reports on dealers' confusion on how much tax will they charge on their cars due to the different interpretations of the final language of the budget bill. August 10, 1993 as expected implementation date of the bill; Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to clear up the confusion.
- Reprieve on car tax. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/14/2003, Issue 323047, p29
Comments on the proposal by the California Legislature's Democrats to increase the car tax. Aim of increasing revenues for local fire and police services; Comparison of the state's car tax to the car tax of other states; Democrats' strategy in introducing the car tax over Republicans' objections.
- Agency Sale Tax Bill's Fate Uncertain. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p4
Deals with issues concerning the pending legislation to repeal or modify the installment sales tax provision in the United States. Implication of the installment tax provision on small and large businesses; Senate's business considerations on the bill; Impact of the installment tax provision on...
- House Repeals Tax Increases on Medical Devices, OTC Medication. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);6/15/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p7
The article reports on the nomination of the U.S. House of Representatives to repeal a tax on medical device manufacturers included in the Affordable Care Act of U.S. President Barack Obama known as the Protect Medical Innovation Act.