Airline Fight Brewing
- Southwest Goes Northeast. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p1
Reports on the growth of mid-sized airports in New England financed by bonds. Payment for expanded facilities; Expansion plans of Southwest Airlines Corp.
- Southwest ready on expansion deal. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p1A
Reports on Southwest Airlines Corp.'s agreement to fund 90 percent of the cost of the expansion of MacArthur Airport in Long Island, New York. Proposed addition of four gates and 2,400 parking spaces to the airport; Southwest's plan to add flights after the upgrade.
- Gene Suchma. Trojcak, Joe; Heidler, Joe; Ray, Christopher; Fatula, Joseph // Central Penn Business Journal;2/10/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p14
The article presents readers' views on whether there is a need for the local business community in central Pennsylvania to have Southwest Airlines Co. at the Harrisburg International Airport (HIA) in 2012.
- As Southwest departs HIA, we must look for a new provider. // Central Penn Business Journal;2/3/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p11
The author discusses the need for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to get behind getting a new service provider as Southwest Airlines Co. leaves Harrisburg International Airport (HIA) in 2012 and assure that it can help HIA grow and cope the needs of the region.
- Southwest Airlines announces New Services. // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;May2011, pA6
The article reports on the announcement of Southwest Airlines Co. that they have expanded their service to include three new airports in South Carolina and New Jersey.
- Medtronic Mislabeled Heads; Container Lands in Arkansas. // American Funeral Director;Aug2010, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p72
The article reports on the investigation launched by authorities in Arkansas after four human heads and 40 partial heads were discovered by a Southwest Airlines freight employee at Little Rock National Airport in Arkansas on June 9, 2010.
- Southwest plan in holding pattern? Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/09/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p5A
Reports the proposal of Southwest Airlines Corp. to fund the MacArthur Airport expansion in Long Island, New York. Contractor of the project; Basis for adding innovative flights; Impact of the expansion plan on airport consumers and staff.
- HOU internationalised. // Travel Daily;10/16/2015, p8
The article reports on the opening of the international concourse of William P Hobby Airport in partnership with the Southwest Airlines in Houston, Texas.
- BWI Airport braces for Southwest entry. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/6/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 10, p37
Reports on the preparation being done by Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) for the arrival of Southwest Airlines. Impact on passenger traffic growth and the airport's planned transformation to a mid-Atlantic gateway; USAir and Continental Airlines's reduction of fares with...