- D'Amato introduces bill banning ATM fees. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;5/29/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 102, p2
Reports on Senate Banking Committee Chairman Alfonse M. D'Amato's introduction of a bill prohibiting automatic teller machine operators from imposing user fees.
- Throwing the banks off balance. Kosterlitz, Julie // National Journal;8/08/98, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p1869
Emphasizes the influence and power of United States Representative Alfonse D'Amato, R-New York, to several bills affecting the banking and finance service industry. Political issues that might be considered by D'Amato in his decisions over the bills; Political strategy of D'Amato.
- D'Amato's condo plan puled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/1/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 38, p12A
The article reports on the move of a group of developers including former Senator Alfonse D'Amato to pull their application to turn an Atlantic Beach club into 100 luxury condominiums in New York. It is noted that the builders, Engel Burman, Jem Caterers and Deb Steve Development, ran into...
- Hearing Impaired. Ponnuru, Ramesh // National Review;8/28/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p32
The article criticizes the way the Republicans had handled the Congressional hearings of the Waco murder case and the Whitewater bank fraud and conspiracy trial in the U.S. Critics are disappointed by the lack of press attention to the Whitewater hearings and by the insufficient eagerness on the...
- When Worlds Collide. Kachka, Boris // New York;02/22/99, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p22
Traces the past relationship of Al D'Amato and writer Candace Bushnell. Rumored romantic involvement of the the two.
- Politics '97. Gizzi, John // Human Events;08/08/97, Vol. 53 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the prospective opponents of Senator Alfonse D'Amato for the Senate seat for New York. Political background of Lieutenant Governor Betsy Ross; New York University professor Herb London's consideration to run.
- WHAT IS WRONG WITH NOT SHOWING MAPPLETHORPE'S DIRTY PHOTOGRAPHS. Gardner, James // Modern Painters;Winter89/90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p90
The article focuses on the works of photographer Robert Mapplethorpe that were deemed to assail pornography, communism and homosexuality. It cites Helms Amendment directed against the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) on denying grants to artists producing obscene and indecent materials and...
- Predator Bill Clears Md. Panel . // American Banker;4/9/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 67, p12
Reports the predatory-lending bill passed by the Senate Finance Committee in Maryland. Protection of citizens from ravages of predatory lending; Opposition of preemption plan; Benefits of lenders on the bill.
- Proposed Regulation Z on Truth in Lending. Solomon, Frederic // Banking;Dec68, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p37
Discusses issues concerning the Regulation Z published by the U.S. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to implement the Truth in Lending Act which was signed into law on May 29, 1968. Purpose of the regulation; Areas covered by the proposed regulation; Format of the regulation;...
- Countrywide Backs Federal Pre-Emption. // National Mortgage News;4/22/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p20
Reports on the federal legislation over the abusive lending practices in Georgia. Pre-emption on the proliferation of state and local statutes; Elimination of loan features in the bill; Establishment of uniform predatory lending protection.