- D'Amato introduces bill banning ATM fees. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;5/29/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 102, p2
Reports on Senate Banking Committee Chairman Alfonse M. D'Amato's introduction of a bill prohibiting automatic teller machine operators from imposing user fees.
- Throwing the banks off balance. Kosterlitz, Julie // National Journal;8/08/98, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p1869
Emphasizes the influence and power of United States Representative Alfonse D'Amato, R-New York, to several bills affecting the banking and finance service industry. Political issues that might be considered by D'Amato in his decisions over the bills; Political strategy of D'Amato.
- D'Amato's condo plan puled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/1/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 38, p12A
The article reports on the move of a group of developers including former Senator Alfonse D'Amato to pull their application to turn an Atlantic Beach club into 100 luxury condominiums in New York. It is noted that the builders, Engel Burman, Jem Caterers and Deb Steve Development, ran into...
- Clarification. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/1/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 57, p12A
A correction to the article about former U.S. Senator and lobbyist Alfonse D'Amato which was published in the November 24, 2006 issue of the journal is presented.
- NOTEBOOK. // New Republic;6/9/86, Vol. 194 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the efforts of U.S. Senators Alfonse D'Amato, Alan Cranston, Chris Dodd and Frank Murkowski in leading the charge to restore individual retirement accounts (IRA) deduction to the tax-reform bill. Suggestion for a temporary suspension of tax indexing; Impact of the bill on the poor...
- Hearing Impaired. Ponnuru, Ramesh // National Review;8/28/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p32
The article criticizes the way the Republicans had handled the Congressional hearings of the Waco murder case and the Whitewater bank fraud and conspiracy trial in the U.S. Critics are disappointed by the lack of press attention to the Whitewater hearings and by the insufficient eagerness on the...
- Moderating Full Time. // National Review;12/31/1998, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p14
The article focuses on the Republican politicians who have supported U.S. President Bill Clinton and have spoken against impeachment. The legislators include Senator Alfonse D'Amato, New York Representative Peter King, Governor George Pataki and New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Former...
- When Worlds Collide. Kachka, Boris // New York;02/22/99, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p22
Traces the past relationship of Al D'Amato and writer Candace Bushnell. Rumored romantic involvement of the the two.
- D'Amato recipient of Roosevelt Award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/20/98, Vol. 45 Issue 29, p5B
Reports on Senator Alfonse D'Amato's selection as recipient of the Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council's Theodore Roosevelt Award for 1998. D'Amato's legislative initiatives on behalf of health care and hospitals.
- Politics '97. Gizzi, John // Human Events;08/08/97, Vol. 53 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the prospective opponents of Senator Alfonse D'Amato for the Senate seat for New York. Political background of Lieutenant Governor Betsy Ross; New York University professor Herb London's consideration to run.