Power to the People
- ARKANSAS: Water Utility Debt on Tap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p7
The article reports on the sale of 18.5 million dollars utility revenue bonds to finance the transmission lines and purchase land that will protect the long-term water supply of Arkansas.
- OKLAHOMA: GRDA Plans Fall Issuance. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p7
The article reports on the plan of Grand River Dam Authority to issue up to 200 million dollars revenue bonds to finance an electric transmission infrastructure in Oklahoma in the fall of 2010.
- Groups Urge Caution Over Access to Mimi-Financed Lines. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p5
The article reports on the caution given to the United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by the Large Public Power Council not to force municipal power utilities to allow investor-owned utilities to use their tax-exempt-bond-finance transmission lines. The use may violate tax law...
- Dimpled conductor gets the drag out. Char, Clinton Y.W.; Davidson, Glenn A. // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p26
Reports on a double-circuit line installed by the Hawaiian Electric Co. for the Kahe Power Plant in Oahu. Factors affecting wind pressures on structure and conductors; Public concern on aesthetics of the line; Selection of a low-drag conductor.
- Uprating transmission lines and reducing risk. Douglass, Dale A. // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
Discusses the use of incremental uprating methods to increase thermal ratings of transmission lines. Measurement of high temperature conductor sag and use of dynamic `low rating' warning; Calculation of ratings; Modification of line structures to increase ground clearance in selected spans.
- Aldridge Overcomes Obstacles in 230-kV Creek Project. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p12
Reports that Carneys Point, New Jersey-based Conectiv Power Delivery has awarded Libertyville, Illinois-based Aldridge Electric's Drilling Division the Mickleton Manuta Creek power-line project in Gloucester County, New Jersey. Upgrade of transmission lines; Description of the project.
- Economic inefficiency of passive transmission rights in... Oren, Shmuel S. // Energy Journal;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p63
Presents information on the passive transmission rights such as Transmission Congestion Contracts, which are compensated ex-post based in nodal prices resulting from optimal dispatch by an Independent System Operator. Citing of a Cournot model of competition across congested transmission...
- Taming nonlinear transmission lines. Mancini, Ron // EDN;11/20/97, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p199
Presents information on problems with transmission lines. Occurrences of reflections on transmission lines; Information on transmission-line impedances.
- Electricity supply in Germany. // Modern Power Systems;Aug95 Supplement Germany, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p7
Presents a map detailing high voltage electric transmission lines in Germany.