Maryland University System Cuts Bonding, Eyes Tuition Hike
- Analysts Wary as Arizona State Issues $23.6M of Refunding COPs. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p28
Reports on the plan of the Arizona State University to issue 23.6 million dollars of refunding certificates of participation. Financial uncertainty for the state budget.
- Pair of Higher Education Systems in Wyoming Seek Debt Authority. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p4
Reports on the proposal of budget that would pave the way for two local colleges to issues revenue bonds in Wyoming. Request of state funding to build a new library by University of Wyoming. Lease agreement of Laramie County Community College and Laramie County Community College Foundation for...
- North Carolina Back at Work on Budget, College Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p4
Reports on North Carolina lawmakers' budget discussions. Debate on the amount to be borrowed through the sale of bonds for several state university projects; Conflicting amounts requested by the House and Senate for the university health facility projects; General Assembly's deliberation of...
- Triple-A Dartmouth Readies $110 Million Transaction. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond sale planned by the Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Credit rating of the college; Underwriters of the negotiated sale.
- Georgia: University Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31266, p39
Reports on plans of the Georgia Private Colleges and University Authority to multi-million dollars of revenue bonds as of November 2001. Uses to which revenue generated for the bonds sale would be put; Amount of bonds to be issued; Financial status of the authority.
- Arizona Univ. Regents Refunding Part of a 'Loaves & Fishes' Story. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p3
Reports on the plans of Arizona Board of Regents to offer refunding debt on behalf of Arizona State University. Previous offers made by the board; Financial advisor and underwriter of the negotiated sale; Security provision for the bonds; Rating given by credit rating agencies Standard & Poor's...
- University of Texas Refunding Ready to Go If Rates Are Right. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31458, p3
Reports the plans of the University of Texas System to sell financing system refunding bonds in Dallas, Texas. Proceeds of the sale; Approval of the bond issuance by the Texas Bond Review Board; Lead underwriter for the proposed negotiated sale.
- For Texas University System, Time Is Right to Take the Plunge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p34
Reports the sale of fixed-rate bonds for the finance of projects by the Texas State University System in Dallas, Texas. Remarks of Matt Boles, financial adviser of the system and principal with RBC Dain Rauscher Inc.; Establishment of the system in 1998; Name of companies of the underwriting...
- Univ. of Toledo Scores Underlying A2 Ahead of $105 Million Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31505, p39
Reports that the University of Toledo, Ohio secured an underlying rating from Moody's Investors Service for the first time as it prepares to sell variable-rate money and refunding bond deal as of November 19, 2002. Reasons for the sale of bonds; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service;...