Commerce Bancorp Confirms SEC Inquiry of Commerce Capital
- SEC Warns of Muni Duties. Hemmerdinger, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;3/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33683, p4
The article reports on the risk alert issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which warns underwriters that they lack written evidence showing the proper assessment of the financial condition of local and state governments before the sale of the bonds to investors.
- SEC Probing Commerce Capital Markets Over Pennsylvania Deals. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p1
Focuses on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of the broker-dealer Commerce Capital Markets about its bond business in Pennsylvania. Possible government corruption in Philadelphia; Intense scrutiny being undergone by the company for its political contributions.
- SEC checking variable annuity sales. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Apr97, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p85
Reports that the US Securities and Exchange Commission is looking into sales practices and sales supervision at a cross-section of insurance companies it considers representative of the variable annuity market. Correlation with the finding of evidence of abusive sales practices in the marketing...
- Insurers back SEC plan to simplify fund prospects. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/17/97, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p3
Comments on Life insurers support of the Securities and Exchange Commission's plan to simplify mutual fund prospectuses. Impact of plan on propectuses; Comments from Carl Wilkerson, senior counsel with the American Council of Life Insurance; Provisions of plan.
- This is our plea for plain English. Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/28/98, Vol. 102 Issue 39, p16
Focuses on developments concerning the efforts in making insurance policies more readable in the United States. Resistance to the transformation of insurance documents; Reasons for resistance to readability; Rules adopted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); Publication of the...
- SEC `inspecting' VA sales practices. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/17/97, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is inspecting the marketing practices of 14 variable insurance companies. Reason the insurers were selected; Comments from Gene Gohlke, associate director of the SEC Office of Compliance, Inspections and Examinations; Names...
- Industry deliberating responses to SEC on indexed products. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/29/97, Vol. 101 Issue 39, p1
Reports that regulators, insurers and actuaries are trying to decide what kind of response they should send to the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) `comment release,' as they await a call for input on equity-indexed products (EIP) from the SEC. When the 21-page release requests public...
- SEC indicates thinking on MHCs. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/25/98, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p4
Reports that mutual holding companies (MHC) and their ability to issue dividends are under the jurisdiction of state insurance commissioners as indicated in Securities and Exchange Commissions' (SEC) letters. Recollection of the conversion effort of Des Moines, Iowa-based Principal Mutual Life;...
- SEC, Insurance Departments Collaborate On Insurer Exams. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 26, p20
Provides information on the participation of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission with state insurance departments in collaborative joint insurer examinations of companies that are focusing on how consumer information is protected. Focus of the market conduct examination; States that...