MSRB Revises, Reorganizes Guidance On Rule G-37 to Reflect SEC Changes
- MSRB: Phase In Real-Time? Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) asked market participants on June 12, 2003 if it should introduce real-time reporting of prices and other data from municipal securities trades by beginning with a subset of all municipal issues and then gradually expanding it to become more...
- NASD Warns Firms About Muni Fund Securities Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31522, p4
Reports on the appeal by National Association of Securities Dealers warning companies against revised professional qualification requirements for principals selling municipal fund securities through college saving programs in the U.S. Changes to Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-3...
- Supply surge gives munis a jump; Jefferson County, Ala., deal rules. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p2
Focuses on the upbeat trading of municipal securities on March 2, 1999. Raymond James & Associates' deal for the sewer revenue capital improvement bonds of Jefferson County, Alabama; Bear Stearns & Co.'s deal for wastewater bonds from the San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority; Goldman...
- Munis show little movement as dealers wait to see inflation picture. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30597, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal securities as of March 11, 1999. Insignificant effect of the United States dollar's sudden drop against the Euro on municipals; Resignation of German Finance Minister Oskar La Fontaine; Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s success in winning a $400 million general...
- Competitive note offerings. // Bond Buyer;03/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30597, p11
Presents statistics reflecting competitive note offerings available in various municipalities in the United States from March 12-22, 1999.
- As treasuries shift, muni experts eye new correlations, short end. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p6
Assesses the benchmark relationship of municipal markets to Treasuries in diminishing government debt in the United States. Effect of the shifting demand component to fund- and retail-based markets; Implication of shorter end municipal curves to the market; Correlation between Treasuries and...
- Focus on...Bond Anticipation Notes. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p22
Deals with short-term securities issued by a municipality or a state in the United States. Investment risk; Tax efficiency; Growth potential.
- Draft Rules Clarify MSRB Authority. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30715, p1
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's issuance of revised draft rules that make clear the board has regulatory authority over dealers selling municipal fund securities for state or local government investment pools and state-run college savings programs. ...
- Aid Bill for Richmond. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that after a delay, the California Legislature has approved in July 2004 a bill that should allow the financially strapped city of Richmond, Virginia, to issue tax and revenue anticipation notes with an investment-grade rating.