The Offshore Voice
- The New Conflicts Of Indie Research. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/9/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the concern about contradictory research recommendations in the account statements of retail clients of independent consultants in the U.S. Terms of the global research settlement; Communication about the potential for disparity between firm and independent; Availability of...
- Killing Soft Dollars Would Kill Independent Research. Musher, Rafi // Money Management Executive;5/10/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p12
Traditionally, bulge-bracket firms have given away research in exchange for trading volume and high trading commissions. The commissions paid for part of the research, while investment-banking fees paid for the rest. Over time, Wall Street firms built up expensive operations, flush with highly...
- Investext Reports for Reuters Business Information Products. // Information Today;Feb1996, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p15
The article reports that the company Investext Group and Reuters Business Information have signed an agreement for Reuters Group PLC to distribute reports and abstracts from The Investext Group. The agreement, which takes effect in the first quarter of 1996, will expand the range of information...
- Equity Market Timing and Capital Structure: Evidence from Tunisia and France. Bougatef, Khemaies // International Journal of Business & Management;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p167
This paper investigates the relevance of market timing considerations on the debt-equity choice using a panel of tunisian and french listed firms. Consistent with the market timing theory, we find that firms tend to issue equity when their market valuations are relatively higher than their book...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p20
Presents charts related to investment banking in the U.S. as of August 11, 2003.
- FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p20
Presents charts and graphs related to investment banking in the U.S. as of October 27, 2003.
- Wall St. Joint Venture Plan May Be Nixed. JULAVITS, ROBERT // American Banker;3/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 42, p1
Reports on a global settlement requiring investment banking companies to pool funds for independent research in the U.S. Provisions of the settlement; States opposing the settlement; Impact of the settlement on research in investment banking industry.
- Chicago-area investment bankers. Ramirez, Cecilia; Tresness, Melissa // Crain's Chicago Business;1996 Top Business Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p143
Presents statistical information on investment banks in the Chicago-area ranked by number of banking professionals.
- New York Area's Largest Investment Banks. // Crain's New York Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p44
Presents statistics related to top investment banks ranked by public debt and equity offerings of New York area as of December 30, 2002. Top five banks in initial public offerings; Top five banks in mergers and acquisitions; Information related to head of investment banking for listed banks.