P.G. Corbin, Former VP Deny Calif. Water District Charges
- Water Agency Sues Corbin Over a Swap. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p1
Reports that the West Basin Municipal Water District in Carson, California, is suing financial advisor P.G. Corbin & Co. and one of its former vice presidents over an interest rate swap entered into October 2001, as of August 1, 2003. Possibility of a lawsuit by the West Basin Municipal Water...
- Settlement Possible in California Swap Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p1
The article reports on the possibility of the West Basin Municipal Water District in California, swap provider rice Financial Products Co., and financial adviser P.G. Corbin & Co. regarding the litigation settlement over a basis swap in 2001, which was charged fraudulent and unfair market...
- Chicago Water District to Sell $146M of Variable-Rate Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p32
Reports that the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago in Illinois will sell $146 million of variable-rate bonds on January 14, 2003. Remarketing agent for the deal; Rate that the district will pay for the sale; Use of the proceeds from the sale.
- Is China about to implode? Webb, Joanne // European Chemical News;4/4/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2141, p5
Predicts the chances that a series of crises will erupt in China between 2005 and the end of 2006, any one of which could be sufficient to cause an implosion based from an analysis by U.S.-based a geopolitical risk consultancy Stratfor. Increase in chemical production in the country in 2004...
- Reputationsrisiken der Bankenbranche bleiben hoch. // Risiko Manager;2012, Issue 15, p4
The article discusses the high risks for the reputation of the banking sector, according to an survey carried out by the auditing and consulting firm Ernst & Young, which reveals that the lack of trust in the banks is still very high, even four years after the peak of the financial crisis. The...
- Connecticut's 1st GO Sale of Year Hits Market; Officials Optimistic. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p1
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds in response to budget deficits in Connecticut. Roles of P.G. Corbin & Co. and UBS Paine Webber Inc. in the project; Transactions of the government with the University of Connecticut, Waterbury and Connecticut State University for the sale; Success of...
- Corbin hosts MWRA GIC auction on web. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30848, p6
Reports that financial adviser P.G. Corbin & Co. has established a private-label Web site for bond sales using MuniAuction Inc.'s software.
- Same Head, Different Hat. McDaniel, Kip // AiCIO;Nov2012, p5
From aiCIO's November Issue: We're not the only organization polling LDI (although do look at our survey)--NEPC did one too.
- Watchword's caution in market comeback. // Plastics News;1/17/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p6
This article reports that media pundits in revered publications like the "New York Times" are forecasting a big boom year. So are many of those equity and banking firms and outside consultants who are helping to swing deals for both buyers and sellers. Of course, they get paid if a deal goes...