The Bond Buyer Announces Regional Deal of the Year Awards
- CONNECTICUT:Longer Short Term. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Details the proposed bill on extending the number of consecutive years allowed for a municipality to sell notes in Connecticut. Effort of reducing costs for municipalities; Availability of more choices with bond financing.
- Yes, Even Beverly Hills Uses Munis to Fund Improvements. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p32
Reports on the use of funds raised through Mello-Roos bonds to finance streetscape improvements in Beverly Hills, California in December 2002. Key features of Mello-Roos tax bonds; Services that will be improved by the sale proceeds; Failure of a previous effort to form such an assessment...
- `Death put' helps move an otherwise plain-vanilla Indiana water bond issue. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p7
Focuses on efforts by municipal salespeople to meet retail investors' demand for high-grade bonds by selling insured, triple-A rated plain-vanilla paper. Good demand for an uncommon issue with an estate-planning feature; Bullet maturity of the bonds; Tax-exempt market; Activity in the secondary...
- Not your average Hamlet: Jupiter Island, Fla., to sell $48 million of water debt. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p28
Focuses on the plans of Jupiter Island, Florida to sell up to $48 million in revenue bonds to develop and ensure a fresh water supply. Funding for the purchase of Hobe Sound Water Co. and Hydratech Utility; Development of a bigger customer base to spread costs of building deeper, more expensive...
- Milwaukee to take bids on prison bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p32
Reports that Milwaukee County, Wisconsin will competitively bid nearly $10 million of general obligation bonds to finance construction of a 400-bed addition to a correctional facility. State's repayment of the three-year debt; Overcrowding in state prisons; County's 15-year term on debt...
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p21
Presents the results of negotiated sales of bonds across the United States as of May 4, 1999. Montebello Community Redevelopment Agency; Pomona Public Financing Authority; Palos Heights of Illinois; Jenison Public Schools of Michigan; Henry County, Ohio; Darlington County, South Carolina;...
- Results of competitive sales. Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy; Singh, Rita // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p23
Presents the results of competitive sales of bonds across the United States as of May 4, 1999. Includes Springdale School District No. 50 of Arkansas; South Bay Union School District, California; City of Newton, Iowa; City of Olathe, Kansas; Knox County School District Finance Corp. of...
- Healthier Economy May Lead Des Moines to Ease Debt Limits. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30922, p4
Reports on a proposal to ease Des Moines, Iowa's debt cap, which is 70% of state-imposed limits, in view of the city's healthier economy. Need for additional financing for economic development projects; Comments by Standard & Poor's.
- Worcester blazes trail in Massachusetts with pension obligation bonds. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p3
Reports that Worcester, Massachusetts will issue general obligation pension funding bonds, becoming the first municipality in the state to sell debt to erase a pension liability. Result of a legislation allowing Worcester to issue POBs; Rating.