Hungry Banks Look For Leveraged Loans
- Bangkok's Overtures To S&P. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p7
Focuses on the plan of the Bank of Thailand to alter its system for calculating bad loans, to bring it in line with international standards. Share of bad assets in all loans in the financial system; Rating given by Standard & Poor's for the country.
- Banks spread loan net. van der Walt, Douw // Finance Week;07/30/99, p26
Reports on banks' engagement in microlending in South Africa. Banks' partnership with microlenders; Concerns over the ethics of the microlending industry; Establishment of a micro finance committee involving eleven banks.
- Paying too much on your home loan? Muller, Joan // Finance Week;03/30/2001, p60
Focuses on home loan market in South Africa. Market competition; Benefits for borrowers; Rise in the practice of switching or transferring existing loans from one bank to another; Major banks active in the home loans sector.
- Hang in there. Clitheroe, Paul // Money (Australia Edition);Aug2002, p46
Discusses how superannuation funds are handled by banks. Link of the world sharemarkets and the superannuation funds; Average earnings per year of the funds since 1992; System of lending of the funds.
- Mile High City becomes energy-lending capital. Asher, Joseph // ABA Banking Journal;Sep79, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p155
Focuses on the increasing energy-related lending capital in Denver, Colorado. Competition among Denver banks; Expertise of Denver banks in energy-lending capital; warnings concerning energy-related lending.
- Foreign banks' mixed reactions to Japanese. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1980, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on the status of the foreign banks in Japan. Performance of the foreign banks; Increase on the demand of loans; View of the Japanese on foreign bank expansion.
- Chartered banks: Quarterly classification of non-mortgage loans. // Bank of Canada Review;Summer95, pS24
Presents a chart representing the quarterly classification of non-mortgage loans of chartered banks in Canada. Canadian dollar loans; Foreign currency loans.
- Chartered banks: Quarterly classification of non-mortgage loans. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring96, pS24
Presents a chart depicting the quarterly classification of non-mortgage loans of chartered banks in Canada as of spring 1996. Renovations of residential properties; Mobile homes; Marketable stocks; Tax-sheltered plans; Deposit-taking institutions; Investment dealers; Private businesses.
- Credit market developments in 1996. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring97, p57
Views the Canadian non-financial borrowers in 1996. Household borrowing in 1996; Funds raises by major non-financial borrowers; Major sources of funds raised by non-financial businesses; Types and sources of financing by major non-financial borrowers.
- Are banks' lending rules too harsh? // CA Magazine;Mar1996, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p9
Presents answers to a question on the harshness of banks' lending rules in Canada from various accountants.